News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Matt_Ward

Re: Dyker Beach Muni-Brooklyn's Finest
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2010, 10:48:28 AM »
D B may be the only public course I know in the States that actually charges for parking when playing there.

Maybe someone can update and let us all know if such a thing still happens.

Mark Woodger

« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2010, 12:36:43 PM »
yes they still charge for the parking at dyker.

i have played dyker a couple of times and if the pace of play was not so slow it might be enjoyable but as a brooklyn resident i choose to go to marine park. marine park has recently seen some investment in the course and whilst it still takes at least 5hrs to get around i find it a more enjoyable 5 hours than at dyker. i think this because the course has a more linkys feel to it, i feel like i am further awayfrom the city and the wind plays a greater part in shot selection and i enjoy that challenge.

both are not great but its all i have to play that is close to home. beggars cannot be choosers.

Chris_Blakely

« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2010, 01:43:41 PM »
D B may be the only public course I know in the States that actually charges for parking when playing there.

Maybe someone can update and let us all know if such a thing still happens.

I have been charged to park at Pelham Bay / Split Rock GC, Mosulu GC, Van Cortlandt, and Clearview GC.  I just assumed it was an attempt to keep people not golfing from parking there.

Chris

Matt_Ward

« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2010, 01:46:41 PM »
Thanks guys -- the thing about Dyker is that it does have some holes of qualty -- sort of like the Cobbs Creek fiasco.

Got to say this though -- when you play DB no place in the States can match all the sirens you hear when playing golf there.

Mark Molyneux

« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2010, 02:54:10 PM »
A quick reply to Mike Cirba...

Thanks Mike for the kind word. I love the game and I have always loved golfclubatlas. I marvel at the knowledge that members have always shown and I appreciate the manner in which most participants give respect to others' points of view. I'm new to the board, thanks to Rans' favorable consideration just after the new year. I'll endeavor to have my say when that's appropriate but I'm just learning the technical side of GCA like using the various icons, managing to respond directly as possible (I apologize if this message just pops up at the end of the string and you can't find it before The Open is decided.), and including the occasional picture along with a post. I had a glorious digital picture of my approach at Dyker number 5 with the bridge standards in the background. That's certainly one of the more memorable shots during the round. So there's the technical side and then there's board etiquette. My interest is in learning as much as I can from the participants. I've gone to meetings with GCA (at Essex, Baltusrol, Alpine, etc.) and I look forward to those exchanges as well. Here's hoping they still occur. This is quite a brotherhood and I consider myself pretty fortunate to be on the inside. Oh... the technical side, the board etiquette, and "first tee jitters". Speaking up in such a forum takes a fair bit of nerve.
Regards-

Mike Cirba

« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2010, 04:02:18 PM »
Mark,

If you email me your picture of Dyker I'll be happy to post it for you. 

mik4cj@yahoo.com

Mike

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back