News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve_Roths

Where Could Tiger Practice in Privacy?
« on: February 05, 2010, 02:23:29 PM »
I was thinking about this the other day.  What golf club could Tiger go and practice and the World wouldn't know about it?

The only places that come to mine are:

Rock Creek
Stock Farm

And, at this time of year that Donald Steel course in S.Carolina.  I think it only has 8 members.

Thomas McQuillan

Re: Where Could Tiger Practice in Privacy?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 02:24:57 PM »
Dornoch!  ;D ;D

PCCraig

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 02:27:26 PM »
And, at this time of year that Donald Steel course in S.Carolina.  I think it only has 8 members.

You mean Cherokee Plantation?

His best bet would be someplace in Dubai where he could literally close the course down.

In the US? He could go to a place like the Floridian.
H.P.S.

Steve_Roths

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 02:29:31 PM »
Yes, Cherokee was the one I was thinking of.

And, yes Floridian would be a good one as well. 

Mike Hendren

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 02:36:28 PM »
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Tony Weiler

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 02:37:18 PM »
I think he'd have a tough time at Rock Creek this time of year.   ;)

George Pazin

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 02:39:07 PM »
There are more than a few private - and I mean owned by one person - type courses that I'm sure he could tee it up at. He could even buy his own course for a mere pittance. I don't think it's keeping him up at night.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Jfaspen

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2010, 02:40:32 PM »
If I were him, i'd head straight to Augusta National and recover the golf side of his game there.  Total seclusion.. A course he'll be playing later in the year and a membership that'd keep a lid on his presence.

Lester George

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2010, 02:41:37 PM »
Kinloch.  Other Pros do.

Lester

Gary Slatter

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2010, 05:45:34 PM »
CANOUAN iSLAND
Gary Slatter
gary.slatter@raffles.com

Jeff Evagues

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2010, 06:25:22 PM »
Augusta National. All winners are honorary members and have access.
Be the ball

Steve Lang

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2010, 06:46:05 PM »
 8) Lochinvar.. minutes from IAH.. where he used to come to see Butchy and nobody knew?
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2010, 06:59:09 PM »
Jeff,
Vague...as honorary members, their access is limited.  They do not have nearly the access that full members have.  I recall reading about this as regards Tom Watson after he won his first M.  He thought he had the run of the place but did not.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Will MacEwen

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2010, 07:05:26 PM »
I swear I read once that Masters winners are not honourary members?  I think it was an interview with Arnold or Jack when they joined - they stated there was no such thing.

Kye Goalby

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2010, 07:24:38 PM »
Regarding Augusta, the  former winners have access and could be called "honorary" members  in that they can play, hit balls etc,  but they can't bring guests. If they want to bring a guest(s) to play they have to be joined/hosted by an actual member. >:(
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 10:43:01 AM by kyegoalby »

Tom_Doak

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2010, 07:44:48 PM »
Kye:

So how many times have you met an honest-to-goodness member of Augusta National?  As opposed to the honorary kind?

Jason Connor

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2010, 08:24:56 PM »
Didn't he buy an island in South Florida?
That seems plenty private.

For that matter he can probably practice putting in his rec room -- I bet it's pretty lonely there, too.
We discovered that in good company there is no such thing as a bad golf course.  - James Dodson

Paul Jones

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2010, 08:34:28 PM »
Regarding Augusta, the  former winners have access and could be called "honorary" members  in that they and can play, hit balls etc,  but they can't bring guests. If they want to bring a guest(s) to play they have to be joined/hosted by an actual member. >:(

Isn't that the whole meaning behind the Green Jacket?  Once you win, you become a member just cannot vote on club matters.  I remember hearing about Couples having a fund raiser where the winner got to play a round of golf with him at Augusta.
Paul Jones
pauljones@live.com

Buck Wolter

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2010, 10:03:16 PM »
Regarding Augusta, the  former winners have access and could be called "honorary" members  in that they and can play, hit balls etc,  but they can't bring guests. If they want to bring a guest(s) to play they have to be joined/hosted by an actual member. >:(

That has to hurt! Still pretty cool to know an honorary member that well ;)
Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience -- CS Lewis

Gib_Papazian

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2010, 10:07:13 PM »
The Institute . . . . . Nobody in Morgan Hill cares enough to call the local rag.

Kevin Pallier

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2010, 10:10:49 PM »
I'm led to believe Ellerston might be a good place

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2010, 12:24:16 AM »
How about in his garage?
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Adrian_Stiff

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2010, 04:39:00 AM »
I think hes practicin most days anyway isnt he? Is it a secret where he is at the moment?
A combination of whats good for golf and good for turf.
The Players Club, Cumberwell Park, The Kendleshire, Oake Manor, Dainton Park, Forest Hills, Erlestoke, St Cleres.
www.theplayersgolfclub.com

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2010, 03:41:45 PM »
So Doak asks Kye how many times he's met an honest-to-goodness member, as opposed to the honorary kind...that is hilarious.  Not like every Tom, Dick and Bob is an honorary member.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Jeff Evagues

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2010, 05:25:00 PM »
Regarding Augusta, the  former winners have access and could be called "honorary" members  in that they can play, hit balls etc,  but they can't bring guests. If they want to bring a guest(s) to play they have to be joined/hosted by an actual member. >:(
Yes, thats what I was referring to. After someone receives their official invitation to the tournament they are invited to play. You always read of the Mid-Am champ or someone like that going down to play 20 practice rounds.
Be the ball

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back