News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

mike_malone

Re: Galloway National
« Reply #100 on: February 05, 2010, 05:10:50 PM »
 Ian,

"Offensive"? It's just for fun.   I was asked to  list MY top ten Jersey courses. I only listed those I played. I really think GN is better than Stone Harbor and Cape May National; feel better now!

I think I was very specific in my criticisms. I thought the playability was average because there was too little width in the landing area and the hazards tended to be parallel to play. I also said there were few angles . I really liked #1.

I think you guys get caught up in non strategic construction issues like well crafted bunkers , expensive maintenance, and lavish clubhouses.

I believe that Emerald Links has more varied shots in a round than GN. That is high on my list of what makes a course fun. I don't care that there is methane piping or a waste treatment plant next door. It means nothing to the playability.

Centerton has more interesting holes and more intriguing greens than GN, as far as I'm concerned. Just because the clubhouse is ratty and the course is humbly maintained doesn't mean it isn't well designed from an architectural point of view.

BTW, why don't you guys get specific in your defense. What does "solid" mean when it comes to architecture?

I went back to read my Jersey best requests. Sweeney asked for 5 with PVGC excepted; Matt wanted my 10 favs. So, that means I can add PVGC to my Jersey 10 favs. I would place it higher than GN.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 05:49:59 PM by mike_malone »
AKA Mayday

Matt_Ward

Re: Galloway National
« Reply #101 on: February 06, 2010, 03:53:11 PM »
Mike:

To be taken seriously -- Centerton is not above GN -- that is totally laughable by any stretch imagineable.

I do credit you for liking the elements that McCullough's provides but you failed to see the issues with the 15th and 16th holes when you cross the road. Plus the letdown finale hole.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back