News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

George Freeman

Peachtree CC - Where have you been my whole life!?
« on: February 02, 2010, 11:21:55 PM »
I came across some photos of Peachtree CC, a course I know little about.  I was blown away:

- The piece of land looks really really good for golf.  Ups, downs, side-slopes and rumples on almost every hole.  It looks like a roller coaster of a routing (in a good way!) with uphill drives, blind drives, downhill drives followed by uphill approaches, downhill approaches and semi-blind approaches.
- The greens look to have some very interesting contouring.  Some convex, some concave, some back to front, some front to back.
- From the pics you could get a feel for the advantages (and disadvantages) of approaching from certain angles.  The playing corridors look very generous (with minimal rough), however there appears to be clear advantages of placing first and second shots in desired spots.
- It looks like it plays F&F which would only magnify the traits mentioned above.
- The second hole, just to name one, looks fantastic.  The risk reward options, as well as options for the shorter hitter or player who is out of position, look really interesting; especially with the green contouring.

Am I way off base or is Peachtree as good as it looks?  And if it is, why haven't I heard more about it on this website?

Cheers,

George
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 09:12:38 AM by George Freeman »
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

A.G._Crockett

Re: Peachtree - Where have you been my whole life!?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 06:42:24 AM »
I've only been fortunate enough to play it once, but yes, it most assuredly is as good as it looks.  Peachtree is deserving of any ranking that it gets, IMO.

As to why you haven't heard more about it, the most likely reason is that it is a pretty tough ticket in terms of access. 
"Golf...is usually played with the outward appearance of great dignity.  It is, nevertheless, a game of considerable passion, either of the explosive type, or that which burns inwardly and sears the soul."      Bobby Jones

Greg Krueger

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 09:13:16 AM »
George, there was a thread with pictures a few months ago. I'll see if I can find it. I have played it a couple times, one of the best Robert Trent Jones courses I have played.

George Freeman

Re: Peachtree CC - Where have you been my whole life!?
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 01:48:02 PM »
bump.

A.G. or Greg, thanks!  Can either of you explain what makes it so good in your eyes?

Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 01:51:55 PM »
I've only been fortunate enough to play it once, but yes, it most assuredly is as good as it looks.  Peachtree is deserving of any ranking that it gets, IMO.

As to why you haven't heard more about it, the most likely reason is that it is a pretty tough ticket in terms of access. 

Ditto, I only played it once. I thought it was terrific
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

George Freeman

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 11:39:16 PM »
nobody wants to spill the beans on Peachtree...?
Mayhugh is my hero!!

J_ Crisham

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 09:01:14 PM »
Peachtree is in fact one of the great courses of the South.  The 1st hole is as good as any opener I've seen. Playing at Peachtree is very special-it is a nicely rolling piece of property that has improved dramatically from  tree removal. The second hole has a green that I'm not sure how to describe- it has a hump in the center that makes for interesting breaks-great short par 5. The par 3's are all about the same distance which for some may be a distraction. The 12th is my favorite hole on the back 9 -frightening approach shot into a very well bunkered green complex. The club house is very old fashioned-a surviving relic from the war of Northern aggresion. Rumor has it that a civil war general called it home for a period of time. I would encourage you to play it when in Atlanta.
                                                                 Jack

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back