News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Sean Leary

Prairie Dunes 1, 7, 8 Project
« on: April 06, 2010, 02:46:03 PM »
With the help of Dave Axland, PD has undergone a project to change some things in the area right in front of the clubhouse. The 1st and 8 tees have been moved slightly and a dune has been created behind the 7th green, making the visual into that green much more appealing. Before, you used to look directly into the parking lot.

Here are updated pictures of the new tee boxes on 1 and 8 as well as the approach shot on 7. The tee shot on 1 now will be more from the right making the dogleg a little less pronounced. Sorry the pictures aren't bigger but I took it off the website.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 02:48:48 PM by Sean Leary »

Mark Arata

Re: Prairie Dunes 1, 7, 8 Project
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 02:51:23 PM »
This is going to help my traditional snap hook off 1 quite a bit........  ;D

I like the look of 7, the old look never bothered me that much....wonder if having that back dune back there will tempt more people into going for the green with a long iron or wood......going long there before meant the ball could go all the way back past the practice green or even ob into the parking lot........
New Orleans, proud to swim home...........

Sean Leary

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 03:07:09 PM »
This is going to help my traditional snap hook off 1 quite a bit........  ;D

I like the look of 7, the old look never bothered me that much....wonder if having that back dune back there will tempt more people into going for the green with a long iron or wood......going long there before meant the ball could go all the way back past the practice green or even ob into the parking lot........

Mark,

There is a little space before the dune, I believe, so I think it will normally still be playable if you go over. That hole plays straight downwind, and going long happens a lot, espcially because the back of the green is so crowned. But I think that it will look more intimidating.

Terry Lavin

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 03:10:47 PM »
Mark,

Thanks for posting this.  The new work behind 7 green looks pretty seamless.  The routing has always been a little "off" because of the combining of the Perry and Press nines, which this won't remedy, but it sure makes the look into the green look a lot better than a "premature" look at the clubhouse.
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

Mark Arata

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 03:18:57 PM »
I am not a good enough player to worry about it, but I always thought with the pin in the front that a better player would rather be short or in the front bunker than long and have to deal with a long running pitch from back by the practice green, or even under the large tree back there. Maybe a long bunker shot back into the wind would tempt the better player to going for it more often.....

I am still laying up, either with 3 shanks or 1 good shot and 2 shanks..... ;D

Sean Leary

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 03:20:17 PM »
Mark,

Thanks for posting this.  The new work behind 7 green looks pretty seamless.  The routing has always been a little "off" because of the combining of the Perry and Press nines, which this won't remedy, but it sure makes the look into the green look a lot better than a "premature" look at the clubhouse.

You are welcome. I hate being called Mark though. Especially when my fiance' does it.

;)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 03:24:35 PM by Sean Leary »

Mark Arata

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 03:22:05 PM »
me too! although it is better than what I am usually called.........  ;D

Sean Leary

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 03:22:59 PM »
Mark,

Thanks for posting this.  The new work behind 7 green looks pretty seamless.  The routing has always been a little "off" because of the combining of the Perry and Press nines, which this won't remedy, but it sure makes the look into the green look a lot better than a "premature" look at the clubhouse.

Why do you think that it felt off? I have never heard that before. It seems to me that going to 3 now versus the old 3 (which is now 6) feels more natural.

Sean Leary

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 03:23:53 PM »
me too! although it is better than what I am usually called.........  ;D

You will always be "Cheeeese" to me. ;)

Hope you are well.

Craig Van Egmond

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2010, 12:40:03 PM »

#8 still looks strange to me without the trees.   Do we know when the new tees will be playable? 

Any other work being done after these projects? 

Sean Leary

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2010, 02:20:02 PM »

#8 still looks strange to me without the trees.   Do we know when the new tees will be playable? 

Any other work being done after these projects? 

Hi Craig,

I think they are hoping to have them done before Memorial Day. They heard I was coming that weekend and wanted to make sure it was done by then... ;)

In terms of new work, they are fixing some of the cart paths to be less obtrusive. Also, it looks like on site lodging is finally going to happen. Going to a member vote, but the feedback is VERY positive thus far.

brad_miller

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2010, 07:20:32 AM »
great to see the wonderful slight alterations, the club does a solid job of listening to C&C and Axland.

C. Squier

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2010, 09:38:25 AM »

I think they are hoping to have them done before Memorial Day. They heard I was coming that weekend and wanted to make sure it was done by then... ;)

Sean, see you in May  ;D

Pretty excited about the prospects on the cabins as well. 

Will Spivey

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2010, 09:51:27 PM »
Is the course open for play now, or has it been closed for this work?  I will be in the area soon and believe I may have the chance to play, assuming it's open, of course.

Sean Leary

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2010, 09:58:29 PM »
Will,

Its open. Just front tees on 1 and 8.

David Kelly

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2010, 09:03:29 PM »
I don't really have any interest in staying in the cabins.  Who needs to be right there when the Four Seasons Hutchinson is only a couple miles away.  I would rather they took the money and resurrected the old Blue Duck.
"Whatever in creation exists without my knowledge exists without my consent." - Judge Holden, Blood Meridian.

Sean Leary

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2010, 09:49:33 PM »
DK,

Its the Ritz, not Four Seasons, silly.

I won't stay there often but it is a nice option to have.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back