News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Andy Silis

Laurel Links
« on: May 05, 2008, 08:11:59 AM »
I'll be playing Kelly Blake Moran's Laurel Links in a couple of weeks.

Has anyone here played it?

Pictures on KBL's website look very intriguing.

Thanks!

Andy Silis

Gene Greco

Re: Laurel Links
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 01:16:21 PM »
    You're gonna love it.

Great design on a lousy piece of land. You'll see some stuff you may have never seen before like a triple tiered green which runs left to right, low to high and very appropos for the short length of the hole.

Plays firm and very fast.

Conditioning is perfect.

A thrill a minute all the way around but bring your A game and your A+ putter!
"...I don't believe it is impossible to build a modern course as good as Pine Valley.  To me, Sand Hills is just as good as Pine Valley..."    TOM DOAK  November 6th, 2010

Matt_Ward

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 08:26:25 PM »
A Silis:

Be curious to your comments on just how much involvement the putter is needed at Laurel Links -- I like the course in many ways but the centrality of the housing can be a bit offputting for some.

The site wasn't that good but kudos to Kelly Blake Moran for making the most of it.

A sleeper on LI that many often don't think about.

Robert Mercer Deruntz

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 08:55:35 PM »
I posted a picture thread of every hole last year.  Hopefully, it can be of help.  This is the most underrated course out East and would be greater if they would cut a few trees down on the 11th and 13th holes.

Andy Silis

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 05:01:41 AM »
Thanks as always for your responses.

I have been rolling the rock pretty good lately, so I'm looking forward to the challenge.

I'll be playing Huntingdon Valley this weekend so I should definitely be warmed up for firm and fast.

Tim McManus

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 01:10:55 PM »
I posted a picture thread of every hole last year.  Hopefully, it can be of help.  This is the most underrated course out East and would be greater if they would cut a few trees down on the 11th and 13th holes.

Robert,

The tree hanging over the 13th green was removed this winter.  The trees guarding the RH corner of the 11th fairway remain, however, the fairway on the left was widened which opens up the approach shot.  The fairway bunkers on the right side of the 7th hole have also been removed.  Changes to all three holes have been well received by the membership thus far.  On each hole, the fun still starts at the green.

Mike Sweeney

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 09:14:22 PM »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back