News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

Mike Jansen

Amazing Collection of GCA Books...
« on: January 04, 2010, 11:48:20 PM »
.... I was in the antique/ collectable store at Pebble Beach and was in awe at the library of books they had for sale.  Mac's "Scotlands Gift, Golf" with a note from Macdonald himself to a friend....only $6800 (boo!)  George Thomas' $3000, Alister MacKenzie's $1200.... a book advertised as limited edition MacKenzie written by Doak $595.  Needless to say it was upsetting that I could not afford one of these prized collectables.

Side note:  Played PB where the fairways are shrinking rapidly...#8 and #11 are ridiculous... and the new tees are insane!

JC Jones

Re: Amazing Collection of GCA Books...
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 11:53:01 PM »
.... I was in the antique/ collectable store at Pebble Beach and was in awe at the library of books they had for sale.  Mac's "Scotlands Gift, Golf" with a note from Macdonald himself to a friend....only $6800 (boo!)  George Thomas' $3000, Alister MacKenzie's $1200.... a book advertised as limited edition MacKenzie written by Doak $595.  Needless to say it was upsetting that I could not afford one of these prized collectables.

Side note:  Played PB where the fairways are shrinking rapidly...#8 and #11 are ridiculous... and the new tees are insane!

Could have skipped the round at PB and purchased a book instead....just sayin.
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back