News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tom Huckaby

Jim - yes sir!  Many thanks... sent you an email about that, or at least I think I did... I have worn it several times to great effect... supporting one's team in a down time is good form.

Augusta remains #1 for me.  But there are a lot of close #2s.

Jim Franklin

Augusta is right up there for me too, but so is my daughter. If I die without playing ANGC, so be it, it could never match up with seeing Metallica at the Garden with my daughter anyway.
Mr Hurricane

Tom Huckaby

Jim - but of course.  I just choose to believe that one would understand that Gib's statement, and mine, are meant in JEST.

;D

Augusta is #1.  No, I will not really give up my daughter to play there.

Tony Weiler

___
Hopefully that helps.  Many here - Garland and I included - do not care for the name of this soon to officially open golf course.

;)

Tom, why is that?

Scott_Burroughs

They liked 'Macdonald Dunes' better.

Eric Strulowitz

Royal County Down.  Planning an Ireland trip later this year, a 36 hole day there should be the highlight!

Jim Franklin

Jim - but of course.  I just choose to believe that one would understand that Gib's statement, and mine, are meant in JEST.

;D

Augusta is #1.  No, I will not really give up my daughter to play there.

I know it is in jest and I hope you get a chance to play there. If I have a shot, I will keep you in mind. Gib too.
Mr Hurricane

Doug Wright

Since ANGC and CP are excluded, I'd go with:

The Old Course (walked it twice/never played)
NGLA
Shinnecock
Royal Melbourne
Twitter: @Deneuchre

Kalen Braley

Tom and Jim,

If we're upping the ante, i'll throw in both my daughters... but along with ANGC, PV would have to be included in the deal too!!!  ;)  ;D

Tom Huckaby

___
Hopefully that helps.  Many here - Garland and I included - do not care for the name of this soon to officially open golf course.

;)

Tom, why is that?

Anthony - if the song I wrote doesn't explain it, nothing will.  I just don't think a GREAT GREAT course like this named after a nursery rhyme really works.  That being said I sure never had any better ideas.

Jim - that goes both ways for sure.
Kalen - interestingly I do not hold Pine Valley in this kinda holy grail thinking... no real reason why, and of course it's in there with a ton of others I'd sure as hell love to play, but for me there is just one holy grail.

TH

Phil McDade

I'm with Thomas -- this conversation begins and ends for me with NGLA.

Huck -- welcome back. Arsenal still suck. ;)

Tom Huckaby

I'd agree with Paul if I hadn't played there.

And keep telling yourself that Phil... even decimated with injuries the Gunners keep rolling along... one point behind after the whuppin' Bolton's gonna get tomorrow... ManU in our wake, Chelsea feeling the heat... it's good to be a Gooner.

;D

JC Jones

2. Crystal Downs (Pictures of the course fascinate me; terrain and design make it seem like the ideal place to play golf)

It is.
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

JC Jones

1.  NGLA
2.  Seminole
3.  Dornoch
4.  Royal County Down
5.  Shinnecock/Merion toss up.
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Garland Bayley

___

;)

Tom, why is that?

I think they could have gotten the MacDonald concept across with a name like Pacific Golf Links of America. Even MacDonald Links works better for me.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Tom Huckaby

If anyone needs proof that I am back and participating, well, here goes... bravery maximo....

I fully agree with Garland.

;D

Michael Wharton-Palmer

Mr Huckaby...so gald I took a look at this thread just to see that you have returned...I have missed you my friend.
Welcome back indeed.
Oh by the way...
Royal Melbourne

Kalen Braley

How about these :

MacDonald Re-visited
The MacD Ultimatum
MacDonald 2.0
MacDonald Re-loaded
MacDonald Supremacy

;D  ;D  ;D

Tom Huckaby

Thanks Michael.  And that is an exceedingly fine choice.
 ;D

Kalen, to say that you rock is rather an understatement.

Kalen Braley

Oh I could go all day:

MacDonald in Da' haus
MacDonald Strikes Back
MacDonal Re-born
MacDaddy Pimpin' Style....
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 04:54:37 PM by Kalen Braley »

Matt Bosela

It's entirely too difficult to just mention one!

In Canada:
Hamilton GCC
National GC of Canada
Jasper Park (will be playing in 2011)
Banff (will be playing in 2011)

USA:
Bandon Dunes Resort - all four courses
Ballyneal (will be playing in 2010)
Merion

Ireland:
Royal County Down

Scotland:
Royal Dornoch (mesmerized by Lorne Rubenstein's book)

Jud_T

Revision upon further thought:

NGLA
Old Mac
Pine Valley
Ballyneal
Cruden Bay
Barnbougle
Chicago Golf Club
Royal Dornoch
El Boqueron
Lost Farm
Cabot Links
Wolf Point
Austin Golf Club
Paraparaumu Beach
Westward Ho!
Old Sandwich
Greywalls
Royal Worlington
Atlantic City Country Club

If the cards fall right, I'll be knocking down 4 or 5 of these puppies this year.... 8)
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Eric Smith

I can't help but see/hear Bahto saying "small d small d small d" when reading those names up there.

I am going to disagree with Huck (a Laurel - and Hardy Handshake, welcome back!) and Gar.  I like the name Old Macdonald.   It's perfect.

Anthony Butler

Pacific Dunes and Barnbougle Dunes, just so I can see what all the fuss is about. Also the Valley Club in Montecito because we now have an informal reciprocal.

The new Royal Queensland, too, although a trip to Brisbane would necessarily involve a visit with my brother–so less so.  :-\
Next!

Sean Leary

If anyone needs proof that I am back and participating, well, here goes... bravery maximo....

I fully agree with Garland.

;D

I hated the name at first, but it has grown on me...

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back