News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Sven Nilsen

Two courses this week on the tour.

TPC Four Seasons Resort (the third TPC course in a row) was originally designed by Jay Morrish with a recent redesign by Weibring and Wolford.  One should note that the other course at the complex has a green designed in the shape of Texas, a bunker that looks like Oklahoma and a lake that represents the Gulf of Mexico.  I'm guessing the developers did not look for an architect that espoused a minimalist style.

The Wentworth Club's West Course was laid out by Colt in 1926 with a modernization by Ernie Els in 2005 and 2007.  At over 7300 yards, I'd be interested to learn how much length was added during the updates and how much of the Colt design remains.

Up next week:

Colonial CC
Colorado GC
Real Sociedad Hipica Espanola Club De Campo
"As much as we have learned about the history of golf architecture in the last ten plus years, I'm convinced we have only scratched the surface."  A GCA Poster

"There's the golf hole; play it any way you please." Donald Ross

Sven Nilsen

New week, new courses.

Colonial CC (Bredemus and Maxwell) - the first bent grass greens in Fort Worth

Colorado GC (C&C) - see how the seniors do with bunkers that actually collect

Real Sociedad (Von Hagge) - Von Hagge (son of a Donald Ross associate and apprentice to Dick Wilson) is rarely discussed on this board
"As much as we have learned about the history of golf architecture in the last ten plus years, I'm convinced we have only scratched the surface."  A GCA Poster

"There's the golf hole; play it any way you please." Donald Ross

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back