News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Garrison

Anotherone Bites the Dust; D. Ross Course in Foreclosure
« on: December 01, 2009, 04:45:44 PM »
Don't know if anyone is interested, but Ridgefield CC, Kingsport, TN, a Donald Ross design opened in 1947, is being forclosed by their bank. It goes up for sale on the courthouse steps on 12/18.

Joe Hancock

Re: Anotherone Bites the Dust; D. Ross Course in Foreclosure
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 05:12:39 PM »
I just watched the video on Google video.....looks like they have very modern facilities for eating, playing and exercising. Unfortunately, the focus of the video was not on the golf course. Does anyone know if this is true for their operational focus as well?

I'm guessing a large debt load for facilities is a part of the problem here?

What does anyone know about this course?

Joe
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

john_stiles

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 05:30:56 PM »
A sad day for east Tennessee golf.   But it also sounds like another opportunity for some.

Several  GCAers  were (are) members and will leave it at that.      In better days (for everyone)  Holston Hills CC used to have a home and home match against Ridgefields CC.     Before advent of omnipresent cell phones, etc.,    it was a nice bus ride playing 'liars poker' on the way up, then the match,   followed by lunch,  and then sipping from the keg and playing 'liars poker' on the way back.

Always enjoyed the golf at Ridgefields and hope to again some day.  

Best wishes to all in tri cities area.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 05:40:37 PM by john_stiles »

Jud_T

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 06:53:59 PM »
let's show 'em a bid!  :o

Dom Perignon for $395 a bottle in tennessee?!!  I say tear down the clubhouse, put up a spartan changing room/bar and bring in Doak and Crenshaw as partners. $2500 a head. first 400 guys for a national membership...use it as a lab for the future of minimalism in maintenance...And I'll bring some better wine gratis......
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 07:00:07 PM by Jud Tigerman »
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

john_stiles

Re: Anotherone Bites the Dust; D. Ross Course in Foreclosure New
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 06:25:23 PM »
Speaking of foreclosures in another topic,  what became of the Dec 19th  auction  of   'Ridgefields'  in Kingsport, Tennessee ?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 10:23:34 PM by john_stiles »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back