News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ronald Montesano

Re: Official GCA Pay It Forward Experiment
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2010, 01:32:59 PM »
I have a copy of Al Mac's "The Spirit of St. Andrews" that I will gladly mail to someone who does not have it yet.

Ron M.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Ben Sims

« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2010, 08:04:04 PM »
I have a copy of Al Mac's "The Spirit of St. Andrews" that I will gladly mail to someone who does not have it yet.

Ron M.

Mr. M,

You got a deal.  I'll IM you my snail mail address.

Now in the spirit of the season and because I'm so giddy over our new Lab puppy, Bogey.  A very good friend of mine acquired one of the best yardage books I've ever seen as a gift to me.  It is from Renaissance's new public effort in Denver, Common Ground.  It just happens to be John Hancocked by our friends Tom Doak, Jim Urbina, Don Placek, and Eric Iverson.  Whoever IM's me first gets it.

Bart Bradley

« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2010, 08:25:12 PM »

Ron M.

Mr. M,

You got a deal.  I'll IM you my snail mail address.

Now in the spirit of the season and because I'm so giddy over our new Lab puppy, Bogey.  A very good friend of mine acquired one of the best yardage books I've ever seen as a gift to me.  It is from Renaissance's new public effort in Denver, Common Ground.  It just happens to be John Hancocked by our friends Tom Doak, Jim Urbina, Don Placek, and Eric Iverson.  Whoever IM's me first gets it.

In exchange fo rthe Common Ground Yardage Book, I will offer up an approved Old Course Yardage Book and unused scorecard.

Thanks,

Bart

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2010, 08:56:26 PM »
Bart,
I'll take what you've got, although this kind of screws things, since I offered before I took two posts ago...let me see what other books I have...

Ron M.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Bart Bradley

« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2010, 09:01:33 PM »
Bart,
I'll take what you've got, although this kind of screws things, since I offered before I took two posts ago...let me see what other books I have...

Ron M.

Ronald:

I am happy to send it along...please IM me your address so that I can send it off....hope you enjoy it...

Bart

Eric Smith

« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2010, 10:35:17 PM »

I will offer up three vintage scorecards in decent condition from

St Davids Golf Club (Wayne PA)
Philadelphia Country Club
Whitemarsh Vallley Country Club.

These cards each have stymie guages which makes me guess they are from 1940's.

Mike I'd like the scorecards if still available - and thank you!

If anyone would like a copy of the book Bel-Air Country Club: A Living Legend

plus a BACC scorecard I'll gladly mail it out on the next train from Crossville.

Bryan Drennon

« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2010, 08:42:22 AM »
I would like the Bel Air book
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 05:13:39 PM by Bryan Drennon »

Justin Broderson

« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2010, 09:05:14 AM »
I'd like the Augusta Scorecard and pencil if not taken.

I have a unused Creek scorecard and pencil to put up.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2010, 09:31:07 AM »
The RCCC scorecard has been requested which I'll send out tommorow

If anyone is throwing a confidential guide into the mix, i'll pay for the shipping costs!!   ;D

Sean_A

« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2010, 12:46:10 PM »
I would like the Bel Air book, I'll pm you my info. I will add an unused Augusta National scorecard, par 3 course scorecard, pencil and ballmark.

I have taken Bryan's offer and in return offer a choice:

1. 35th Ryder Cup Matches (Detroit 2004) spectator guide.  Its a like a fat catalogue with some history, bits n bobs and hole by hole description. 

2. A Muirfield Strokesaver from the 1980 Open year.  This is not to be confused with an Open Yardage Guide.  This is one of the books sold the year of the 1980 OPen hosted by Muirfield.  Its is in very good condition with the original plastic cover.

3. Same as #2, but for the Turnberry Open year 2009.  There is more info provided and the graphics are better than the Muirfield guide, but it still doesn't have the same cache imo.  In very good condition  Will throw in Pine Needles yardage guide. 

4. All of the following score cards: Merion, North Berwick (cool repro painting on cover), Gullane #3 (cool repro painting on cover), Old Town, Yeamans Hall (both neat, simple cards which appeal), Royal St Georges, Trevose (repro painting on cover), St Enodoc, New Zealand & Worplesdon (all very simple in the British style - Worp has cool stroke allowance table on the back) & Addington (still with bogey scores). 

Ciao

New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth, Camden, Palmetto Bluff Crossroads Course, Colleton River Dye Course  & Old Barnwell

Bryan Drennon

« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2010, 01:14:06 PM »
nm

« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 05:12:46 PM by Bryan Drennon »

Adam_Messix

« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2010, 01:17:07 PM »
I will take up your off of the scorecards if they're still available.  

I will offer up the following group of unscored scorecards in return.....

Pine Valley, Cypress Point, Pebble Beach, NGLA, Shinnecock Hills, Wade Hampton (Men's card), Merion (East), Highlands CC, Monterrey Peninsula CC (Shore), Everglades Club, McArthur, Peachtree, The Honors Course, White Bear Yacht Club

Thanks....

Tony Weiler

« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2010, 02:16:06 PM »
Kalen is sending me the RCCC scorecard.  Thanks a lot.  I have a "plastic" Interlachen divot tool up for grabs. 

Ron Csigo

« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2010, 05:54:56 PM »
I will take up your off of the scorecards if they're still available.  

I will offer up the following group of unscored scorecards in return.....

Pine Valley, Cypress Point, Pebble Beach, NGLA, Shinnecock Hills, Wade Hampton (Men's card), Merion (East), Highlands CC, Monterrey Peninsula CC (Shore), Everglades Club, McArthur, Peachtree, The Honors Course, White Bear Yacht Club

Thanks....

Adam - If no one has claimed it, I will take your group of unused scorecards and offer up in return logo golf balls from Pebble Beach, Bethpage Black, Prairie Dunes, Olympic Club, Carnoustie and Shadow Creek.
Playing and Admiring the Great Golf Courses of the World.

Adam_Messix

« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2010, 09:01:49 AM »
Scorecards claimed by Ron Cisgo.....

Mike_Trenham

« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2010, 11:57:57 PM »

I will offer up three vintage scorecards in decent condition from

St Davids Golf Club (Wayne PA)  Philadelphia Country Club Whitemarsh Vallley Country Club.

These cards each have stymie guages which makes me guess they are from 1940's.

Eric:

I willl put them in the mail this week.

Mike

Mike I'd like the scorecards if still available - and thank you!

If anyone would like a copy of the book Bel-Air Country Club: A Living Legend

plus a BACC scorecard I'll gladly mail it out on the next train from Crossville.

Proud member of a Doak 3.

Tim Bert

« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2010, 08:26:51 PM »
I have a 43" x 29" framed print (of a painting not a photograph) of the 17th at Shoal Creek if anyone would like it.  It is limited edition print of 2500.  I don't have anywhere to put it.  I paid about $400 for it probably 15 years ago.

Offering it up for free if someone is willing to pay the shipping or meet me for pick-up (assuming you are regionally close.)  It is large and heavy so I imagine the shipping might not be cheap.

Don't really want to throw it out since I paid so much for it, so I'm hoping it can find a new home here.

Send me a personal message if you are interested.

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2010, 12:18:10 PM »
I can't claim the Shoal Creek painting, but I don't want this thread to die.  I'm mailing out my Spirit of St. Andrews and awaiting my Old Course stuff.  I'll look through the collection today and see what else is out there.

Brother Love (always wanted to call myself that...check on the old life list.)
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

George Freeman

« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2010, 12:23:57 PM »
I will offer up a copy of the Confidential Guide (the more formal edition, however signed by the man himself!).  I will, however, ask that it be returned to me after the user is finished with it.

Cheers!
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

JC Jones

« Reply #69 on: January 13, 2010, 01:04:16 PM »
I will offer up a copy of the Confidential Guide (the more formal edition, however signed by the man himself!).  I will, however, ask that it be returned to me after the user is finished with it.

Cheers!

Define "finished with it."  It could take a lifetime to be "finished with it."
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

George Freeman

« Reply #70 on: January 13, 2010, 01:12:23 PM »

Cheers!

Define "finished with it."  It could take a lifetime to be "finished with it."

No need to put parameters on it.  We're all adults and can use our judgment to ascertain what would be a reasonable amount of time...
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

Martin Toal

« Reply #71 on: January 15, 2010, 08:25:00 AM »
I have a Winged Foot GC putter cover, new, and a Gripmaster putter grip, in tan, 0.580 also new, either or both of which I will happily mail to the first interested replier.

Martin Toal

« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2010, 12:57:17 PM »
I have a Winged Foot GC putter cover, new, and a Gripmaster putter grip, in tan, 0.580 also new, either or both of which I will happily mail to the first interested replier.

Pending ....

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2010, 06:56:17 PM »
I grabbed Martin's swag, so I'm putting some up of my own...

A copy of Bob Labbance's last (or penultimate) book, The Life and Work of Wayne Stiles.  I can't remember if it or the Vardon book came out first.  In any case, fire me your name and I'll fire you the book.

--Ron M.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #74 on: January 18, 2010, 08:33:32 AM »
BUMP...See my previous post.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back