News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Emil Weber

Will someone PLEASE,
« on: December 13, 2009, 06:07:13 AM »
PLEASE save The Golf Club at St Andrews Beach. Stunning golf course in every single way. Too great a course to loose......... :(

I'll have pictures up by the end of the week.

Mark_F

Re: Will someone PLEASE,
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 06:18:57 AM »
PLEASE save The Golf Club at St Andrews Beach. Stunning golf course in every single way. Too great a course to loose......... :(

I agree. :)

Why the people who hold the current titles continue to believe they are worth far in excess of their true value is one of life's great mysteries.

Andrew Bertram

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 04:03:07 PM »
The current arrangements will have the course open for the short term at the very least.

It is my understanding thst the following is the case:

The management group that have opened St Andrews Beach up have a 3 year contract to run and manage the facility.
The title holders have been surprised at the amount of play and the income it is now generating for them and they have discussed the option of holding onto it and allowing it to be managed as it currently is until a price acceptable to them comes forward.

On the other side of the coin the main benefit of opening is that there are now 4 interested parties in discussions with the title holders.

The main concern that the management group has is that there is enough money put towards course maintenance onece autumn hits and then player numbers drop of naturally through winter.

Mark_F

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 04:58:15 PM »

... until a price acceptable to them comes forward.

On the other side of the coin the main benefit of opening is that there are now 4 interested parties in discussions with the title holders. 

Andrew,

The problem is that there is a SUBSTANTIAL gap between what is an acceptable price, and what everyone else thinks it is worth.

There has been around a dozen seriously interested suitors since the place closed.  They have all walked away, some very soon after beginning talks.  The fact that one of the titles was sold earlier this year compromises the project even more.

But, I hope something comes of it.

Ash Towe

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 05:27:08 PM »
I dont think there would be anybody who has played or walked the course who would not want to see it saved.

Let us hope common sense prevails and some sort of compromise can be reached.

Bruce Katona

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 01:32:45 PM »
It is simplest term, this is a real estate transaction.  In real estate, the deal is always availableuntil the check clears the bank.  On the flip side, a transaction is only done if the price the Seller will accept is close to what the Purchaser will pay.   Without that, there is no deal.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back