News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Rob Rigg

Re: new member
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2009, 10:50:29 PM »
Jim,

Briefly on Huntsman - How walkable is it (I had to ask)? and where is that Nick Schaan guy - we never see him around here - is he actually working? :)

Cheers

John_Conley

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2009, 11:12:13 PM »
Jim, great to see your name.  I recognized it because we spent a night in the bar at Bandon Dunes back in the day they only had one course.  Welcome!

Jim Haley

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2009, 08:17:51 AM »
Rob,

The 6" minus was very workable, irrigation was the big question mark, however Tanto Irrigation headed by Bill Bartels put together a team that surpassed all expectations.

Nicck Schaan is still working for DMK and I look foward to working with him again.

Jim Haley

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2009, 08:20:08 AM »
John,

I remember meeting with you at Bandon are you still in Florida?

Jim Haley

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2009, 10:31:01 AM »
Rob,
  its a nice walk all 5 rounds I played were walked...

Mike McGuire

« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2009, 10:54:01 AM »
Welcome Jim

Your website looks good. Who designed it?

Jim Haley

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2009, 11:07:40 AM »
Mike,

Nicole Klein and Christian Engstrom  were the designers, They are based in St. Paul Mn. and are friends of Shane Wright who is also a member of the discussion group.

John_Conley

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2009, 11:58:21 AM »
John,

I remember meeting with you at Bandon are you still in Florida?

Yes.  Orlando.  17 years.  Very good memory!

TEPaul

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2009, 12:08:11 PM »
Welcome back to GOLFCLUBATLAS.com, JIM, where every day is like a Friday night barroom brawl in Dodge City right after the cowboys got paid. You'll be just fine on here so long as you stick with me instead of that small but infamous group of Numb-Sculls on here!   :-*   ;)

Jim Haley

« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2009, 03:24:05 PM »
Tom,

Thanks for the welcome back, after the project in Idaho I have a new appreciation for cowboy's on payday.... :)

Neal_Meagher

« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2009, 06:13:10 PM »
Welcome aboard Jimmy, have fun with it.
The purpose of art is to delight us; certain men and women (no smarter than you or I) whose art can delight us have been given dispensation from going out and fetching water and carrying wood. It's no more elaborate than that. - David Mamet

www.nealmeaghergolf.com

Jim Haley

« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2009, 06:38:36 PM »
Thanks Neal

Heard there was some snow in the east bay hills.

Neal_Meagher

« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2009, 07:07:31 PM »
Well, we're deviating from a pure and theoretical discussion of all things golf architecture now (important things like, you know, who could light a cigar faster - Willie Watson or Max Behr?), but yes, it did snow down to around 350' elevation on Monday morning with even a few wet flakes here on the floor of our little east bay valley.  It was a very beautiful but cold (to my California blood) day. 

I am not sure if it was quite cold enough on the bay side for your Stonebrae course to have gotten any snow or not. (obligatory golf course reference)
The purpose of art is to delight us; certain men and women (no smarter than you or I) whose art can delight us have been given dispensation from going out and fetching water and carrying wood. It's no more elaborate than that. - David Mamet

www.nealmeaghergolf.com

Phil McCracken

« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2009, 01:35:10 PM »
Welcome, Jim! Heard a lot about you. Good to have you on board!

Kalen Braley

« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2009, 02:23:38 PM »

Talk about phony names....

Joe Hancock

« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2009, 03:38:29 PM »

Also interesting is that appears to be no "PM" icon on Mr. McCracken's name......someone with moderator access perhaps? Dr. Katz may have an alter ego, ironically......

Joe
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Kalen Braley

« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2009, 03:52:51 PM »

Also interesting is that appears to be no "PM" icon on Mr. McCracken's name......someone with moderator access perhaps? Dr. Katz may have an alter ego, ironically......

Joe

Joe,

Its there, I just clicked on it!  ;)

Joe Hancock

« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2009, 03:57:50 PM »
You're right...I missed it at first glance. But it shaping up to be such a good observation on my part..... ::)

Back to Jim Haley, President, owner and chief bottle washer at Highland Golf Services!

;D
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Kalen Braley

« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2009, 04:01:38 PM »
Perhaps next he'll change his name to something like:

Hugh G. Rexsion
Wilm A Fingerdoo
Gluddius Maximus

Brian Phillips

« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2009, 04:54:32 PM »
Hello Jim,

I am a good friend of Tommy Cush  (unlucky for me   ;)), probably one of the most stubborn men I have met in my life.  Have u spoken to him lately?

I see Conor is setting up shop as well.  I hope you both get work soon especially after all the great work you both have done in the past.

Bunkers, if they be good bunkers, and bunkers of strong character, refuse to be disregarded, and insist on asserting themselves; they do not mind being avoided, but they decline to be ignored - John Low Concerning Golf

Jim Haley

« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2009, 05:10:27 PM »
Brian,

I saw Tommy right after his wedding, there are somethings in the works now here's keeping the finger crossed.....

Jim Haley

« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2009, 03:35:26 PM »
Bill,

Must be another of those pesky typo's. I think between the 400' of elevation change and land that was petroglyph field David routed a course that is walkable, as to the walk paths the client's are in there late 60's they are going to use carts. I think you will enjoy Huntsman no elevation changes to deal with very walkable.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back