News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tim Leahy

Re: Golf near in/around Monterey for under $100
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2009, 01:57:43 PM »
I would play Bayonet or Black horse. If you use GofNow.com you can get some really good next day deals at Monterey area courses.
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

Brian Joines

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2009, 06:41:58 PM »
I played Pajaro Valley on a recent trip (March) and got to meet Mr. Galea as well. I really enjoyed the rounds, especially the greens. I'd definitely recommend that as a low cost alternative. I think we paid about $40 on a Saturday morning!

rchesnut

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2009, 12:49:23 AM »
Pacific Grove would be my first choice for value golf if you're visiting from out of town.  Pajaro is a slightly better course, but not as scenic...it would be a close second.  Del Monte a strong third.  I wouldn't recommend Bayonet or Black Horse.  Above all, though, I wouldn't look for value golf on a trip to a golf mecca like this area...I'd spend the extra money and play Spyglass or Pasatiempo. 

Kevin_Reilly

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2009, 01:30:29 AM »
The Open is several months away.  Stash an extra $15-20 each month in a sinking fund and play Pasatiempo.  You won't regret it.
"GOLF COURSES SHOULD BE ENJOYED RATHER THAN RATED" - Tom Watson

Alex Miller

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2009, 01:33:30 AM »
I guess I should. It'll be my first Mackenzie! :D

Kalen Braley

« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2009, 10:15:44 AM »
The Open is several months away.  Stash an extra $15-20 each month in a sinking fund and play Pasatiempo.  You won't regret it.

I agree with Kevin. Save up the extra dough to at least play one of the big daddies....Pasa will be worth every penny!

Tony Petersen

« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2009, 03:13:07 AM »
Make the drive to play Pasatiempo... and pray to God that you don't play as horrible as i did during the KP a few years back. I NEED to get back there to actually appreciate the genius throughout every aspect of the design, especially now that I'm in Newport Beach ;)

I also gotta agree with Stamm that Del Monte is an absolute blast. Great walk, FUN design, solid greens. With the Dukes Card it's around $50, I think?
Ski - U - Mah... University of Minnesota... "Seven beers followed by two Scotches and a thimble of marijuana and it's funny how sleep comes all on it's own.”

Bill_McBride

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2009, 07:54:31 PM »
I guess I should. It'll be my first Mackenzie! :D

You gotta do it, Alex.  Pasatiempo is one of the great courses of the world, built immediately after Cypress Point.  You won't be sorry,.  Honest.  ;D

Scott Warren

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2009, 12:45:58 AM »
So the Monterey area publics don't jack their prices three- or four-fold when The US Open is in town?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back