News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark_Rowlinson

Cross-bunkers
« on: December 03, 2009, 01:57:00 PM »
Cross bunkers

I have been working at Sandy Lodge recently where a re-bunkering scheme was executed in 2000, essentially bringing them into play for the player who drives 270-300 yards. These would largely be of no concern to me with my 200-yard drive (at best).

At my home club at Wilmslow a lot of 2nd shot cross-bunkers have been retained, and most of them are most relevant to me, but of no concern for the competent ball-striker, unless they drive so far that they can reach them from the tee. As far as I am aware there is no plan to remove them, and I would certainly miss them for they cause me much head scratching during the course of the round – can I or can I not clear them? I don’t think I’d enjoy my round so much if they adopted the old adage that bad golfers carry their own bunkers around with them and therefore should not have bunkers placed for them. What do you think?

3rd 522 yards par 5 usually played into the wind. Cross bunker 147 yards short of green.

4th 395 yards par 4 fairway bunkers (almost cross bunkers) 191 and 147 yards short of the green.

5th 362 yards downhill, but when it is into the wind a cross-bunker 49 yards short of the green is very relevant to me.

7th 491 yards par 5 usually played with the wind behind, diagonal cross-bunkers 105 and 68 yards short of the green.

8th 437 yards par 4, again with the wind, line of three diagonal cross-bunkers 110 to 80 yards short of the green.

12th 411 yards par 4, slowly unfolding right-hand dog-leg with cross bunkers 103 and 56 yards short of the green.

13th 503 yards par 5 with cross bunkers 164 yards short of the green.

15. 423 yards par 4, slowly unfolding right-hand dog-leg, with cross bunkers 93 yards short of the green.

Website has course planner guide with exact details: http://www.wilmslowgolfclub.co.uk/

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back