News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tim Leahy

Brooksvile CC at Majestic Oaks, FLA?
« on: December 02, 2009, 01:25:25 PM »
My desk calendar had a picture of the 13th hole at Brooksville CC at Majestic Oaks in Florida yesterday and it looked very interesting.
Has anyone out there played this course or know anything about it or it's designer?
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

CJ Carder

Re: Brooksvile CC at Majestic Oaks, FLA?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 01:31:34 PM »
I have the same calendar!  And sadly was wondering the exact same thing.

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 01:47:45 PM »
Haven't you guys heard of Google?

http://www.brooksvillecc.com/

Looks interesting with 4 quarry holes. Now open to public. Originally designed by
William F. Mitchell in 1971 with a revision by Bobby Weed.

http://www.golflink.com/golf-courses/course.aspx?course=167345
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Lou_Duran

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 02:14:02 PM »
A few of us played it as a prelude to the DC last year.  Nice inexpensive course.  Didn't care for the older bermuda hybrid on the greens which had quite a bit of grain, but the course is very pleasant.  The quarry holes are interesting, but not outstanding.  It was the lesser course of the six we played in that trip.

Eric Smith

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 02:18:16 PM »
I played it last year.

Kyle Harris

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 07:22:30 PM »
Definitely worth it once you've seen the World Woods courses, perhaps as a morning round before heading over to the Dunes at Seville. Maybe Sarge can chime in here, but they had yet to renovated the first nine when I was there last (early 2008).

John_Conley

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 10:16:40 PM »
Tim, don't worry about Majestic Oaks.  That housing development is stalled at best.

I played there with my son at the end of July.  It rained a lot!

The quarry holes are a blast.  There are four. 

A split-fairway shortish par four with a high road and very low road that leaves a blind, uphill approach.
A long, tough as nails par four.
A short par 3 over water.
A long par 3.

The back nine is excellent, and I'm not just talking about the quarry holes.  #10 is an excellent par 4 and #18 is a demanding finisher of a par 5.

The course has been discussed a good bit on this site.  A rather remote location and the tremendous number of excellent surrounding courses prevent this from being a must play, but it certainly qualifies as a Hidden Gem and is one of the best values in North America.

John_Cullum

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009, 10:20:44 PM »
It's a course that grows on you th emore you play it. I think the front 9 gets forgotten with the drama on the back, but the front 9 is really very good, I find it to be very Rosslike. I don't believe there has been any additional work this year. I need to head back upp there for a visit
"We finally beat Medicare. "

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back