News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mac Plumart

Congratulations!!!
« on: November 27, 2009, 09:48:41 AM »
I have been reviewing my latest arrival from Golfweek...it is their Golf Life Publication that has a few of their new "Best" lists...

Upon first blush I see that...

Mike Young is on their lists for his work in Costa Rica.

And Tom Doak is on their for his work in Montana.

Congratulations guys...that is awesome!!!

I haven't reviewed it in detail yet, so I may have missed some other members of the site.  If so, PLEASE point it out and excuse my mistake.

Congrats!!!
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Mac Plumart

Re: Congratulations!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 10:01:05 PM »
I've looked at the lists in a little more detail...I recognize a few other names as members of the site...

Lester George

Jeff Brauer

Jim Engh (although I don't remember seeing Mr. Engh post since I've been a member)

Guys...that is awesome!!!

Maybe this stuff is "old hat" for you guys, but it is serious business in my book and you deserve a pat on the back.  Congratulations!!!

Again, if I've missed anyone else...my apologies.

Nice work y'all...that's got to feel good!

Tom_Doak

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 10:26:40 PM »
Thanks, Mac.

We actually managed to have two #1 courses on the three lists ... but that did not even get a mention in the publication, because neither of the courses ranked so highly decided to advertise in the issue.

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 11:59:32 PM »
It shouldn't surprise me that even the top magazines dangle the advertising kernel in conjunction with articles.  It saddens me, but does not surprise me.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Mac Plumart

Re: Congratulations!!! New
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 06:45:33 PM »
Ron...

I'm okay with the way Golf Week did this.  They've got their lists, which I hope are clean and true.  And then they have write ups on certain courses.  These courses that are written up are put in bold on the list...thereby drawing attention to them.  This is what I assume the advertising dollars went towards.  They might be #50 on the list...but they will be written in bold letters.  I'm okay with that...assuming the list keeps its integrity and accuracy.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 09:29:51 PM by Mac Plumart »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back