News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

mike_malone

Re: Ballamor Files Bankruptcy
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2011, 01:44:06 PM »
 I never thought Ballamor was bad. It just did not distinguish itself and when times got tough the membership did not love their course enough to hang in there. I imagine this puts Hidden Creek in a better position.
AKA Mayday

astavrides

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2011, 02:32:22 PM »
I imagine this puts Hidden Creek in a better position.

I don't know its effect on Hidden Creek, but it puts public course golfers who want to play in the AC area in a better position, I think.

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2011, 03:43:34 PM »
Does anyone know how many courses in the last 5 years have filed for bankruptcy?

Doug Braunsdorf

Re: Ballamor Files Bankruptcy New
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2011, 04:37:42 PM »
Pleasantly surprised.  My previous impression was colored on the older-ownership and marketing literature.  Like many, I concur with the comments about the 'flow' of the course being interrupted by the walks or rides between tee and green.  Having said that, some of the holes are good, and were enjoyable to play.  I observed many of the holes are basically straight, but there are some that feature good use of strategy; I liked the way some of the greens, as I recall on 10 and 13, were slightly offset to the line of play. 

I felt the greens featured good contouring; not as contoured as some of Harbor Pines, but moreso than Blue Heron.

The 'flower' bunkering style I admit to not being a big fan of- I am a bigger fan of the wilder, south Jersey pines look.  Having said that, I give it points for being different than a lot of the neighbors. 

Conditioning I found to be consistently good; this late in the season, the rough was cut down some, but the tees, fairways, and greens were good to very good. 

I would go back.  Not sure where the ideal price point is; I don't think it's worth over 90- for a round; something in the 65-75 range seems reasonable.  I did learn, and this is a credit to the previous owners, they did not build a huge clubhouse that would be a drain on resources. 

« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 09:38:57 PM by Doug Braunsdorf »
"Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction."

archie_struthers

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2011, 09:02:39 PM »
 :o ::) ::)

He guys this  is old news . The Ballamor filing was to protect it from litigation last year. The real impact was fairly negligible , we picked up some members at Gteate Bay and the publics lost some  play , Ballamor membersbdidn't migrate to Hidden Creek, the price points that work here are lower.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back