News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jordan Wall

Re: Starting Mon., 11/23 - Get To Know Jordan Wall!
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2009, 04:52:47 PM »
Your a good sport, Jordan.

What's in your bag?  Are you one for looking for the newest technology and do you go to courses or ranges where you can try out the newest drivers and irons, hybrids, wedges and do you test new putters; or do you like what you play now, or a mix of both?
I enjoy playing with nice clubs, but the only clubs I really change are my driver, 3-wood and wedges.  I like hitting par-5's in two and going for short par-4's so a good driver is key.  I play with a putter, 60*, 54*, pw thru 3-iron, 15* 3-wood, and 9.5* driver.  I only play with 13 clubs as I have no need for more.  My putter is the one my Dad used to use before he stopped playing.  It's my favorite club, for many reasons.

Do you personally play a putter, bump a FW wood, or pitch/chip to a hole location on a links course like Tom Watson had on 18th of the last round this year?  If you were his caddie, what would you have done or said?
I would have chipped it.  Unless of course I was in front of that crowd.  In that case, I would probably putt it as my nerves would not be used to such an occasion and you can't really flub a putt.  I would have simply told Tom to trust whatever shot he chose, because there is nothing I could have said to help him any more.

Good luck on your decision about staying at WSU or go to UW.  I've never seen WSU, but a tour around UW campus made a great impression on me.

Jordan Wall

Re: Starting Mon., 11/23 - Get To Know Jordan Wall!
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2009, 05:00:59 PM »
Your best competitive round of golf?
69 (-3) on a course set up really, really hard.
Another time I was in a tournament and made a triple on the eighth.  I shot 42 on the front and was steaming on the tenth tee.  In that moment, my mom drove up in a cart with my dad in the passenger seat.  Now my Dad is disabled, so for him to make it to an event like that at all meant a lot to me.  I three putted the tenth from four feet (!) to make bogey, then went birdie-birdie-birdie-par-birdie and finished the nine with a 32, -4.  My Dad had seen me break 80 probably once in his life before that, since he hadn't been on a course in almost two years.  It was quite a special day.

Did you consider playing college golf?
Yes, but I wanted to 'do the whole college thing' instead.

How much do you play now?
Not enough.  Maybe 40 or 50 times a year but I just have no time.  Fortunately, the rounds I got in this past year have been the best rounds of my life.  My rounds at Cypress won't ever be beat.  Riviera was an axtraordinary day as well, with Bob.

Looking back on your baseball experience, do you think national travelling teams are a good idea?
At such a young age, no.  Expectations are too high, and kids need to be able to just have some fun and live a little.  I think most of it is from parents wanting their kids to be the best, so they push them way harder than they should.  I don't like that at all.

Sahalee - love it or hate it?
Neither.  It's not a great course, but I haven't had a round out there I haven't enjoyed.  If your talking architecture, hate it, but it's important to note not all of golf is just architecture.  There aren't many days on a course I would trade for a day at Sahalee with Bob, Jim, and John.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back