News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

PThomas

Ameila Island Resort files for bankruptcy, but....
« on: November 19, 2009, 11:08:41 AM »
...they have a new investor group, Red Maple Investors...story is on AOL.com today
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

Steve_ Shaffer

"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

TEPaul

Re: Ameila Island Resort files for bankruptcy, but....
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 03:17:15 PM »
My wife just inherited a house at Amelia Island Resort which she wants to keep so I hope things work out. They have some pretty savy homeowners around there. The Amelia Island Corporation apparently made some pretty expensive purchases not long before the downturn which was definitely bad timing, including the former Royal Amelia Links golf course which was a favorite of mine (actually almost across the street from perhaps the greatest golf course in the history of golf----eg Fernandina Muncipal GC!!!!!  ;) ).

Jay Flemma

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 04:23:46 PM »
I always have a wonderful time whenever I go there.  A couple days there, then Sawgrass...nice vacation.
Mackenzie, MacRayBanks, Maxwell, Doak, Dye, Strantz. @JayGolfUSA, GNN Radio Host of Jay's Plays www.cybergolf.com/writerscorner

Michael Huber

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009, 07:21:31 PM »
A few years back my then-girlfriend and I were driving down to Disney World from the Northeast.  She had to the urge to go to the beach since she hadn't been to one in quite a few years.  I had no idea about the Florida Coast, and what beaches were nice, or crappy, or dangerous.  We randomly chose Fernandina Beach off the map, and quite frankly it was a great experience.  I didn't play any golf while i was there, but that island is certainly very cool.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back