News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

Marty Bonnar

The Nibble of Nematodes? - Set Phasers to STUN!!!
« on: November 19, 2009, 03:55:34 PM »
I hope some of the more, ehm, 'enterprising' (OUCH!) of our Superintendents might consider this option..

"these are the voyages of the starship Ranterprise, our five year mission to seek out strange new golf courses, to meet and golf with new cilvilisations and to boldly go(lf) where no golfer has golfed before....

Ooh, ooh,oohoohoohoohohh
wahwahwahwahwahwwahhhh

Ooh, ooh,oohoohoohoohohh
wahwahwahwahwahwwahhhh

doo doodoodoo dodoo doodoo dooodo doo doo...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/8367081.stm

See, we can actually have fun around here, learn something, treat each other like real people and not act entirely like a load of Harry Mudds...

luv,
FBD.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Kevin_Reilly

Re: The Nibble of Nematodes? - Set Phasers to STUN!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 04:04:59 PM »
There are a lot of different types of nematodes, but even if the kind we have here in the Bay Area react the same way to the "phaser" as the nematodes in the study, it appears that as soon as the stun wears off they can go back to their diet of poa.

"GOLF COURSES SHOULD BE ENJOYED RATHER THAN RATED" - Tom Watson

Bill_McBride

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 04:32:55 PM »
There are a lot of different types of nematodes, but even if the kind we have here in the Bay Area react the same way to the "phaser" as the nematodes in the study, it appears that as soon as the stun wears off they can go back to their diet of poa.

How about this?

"Set phasers to KILL!"   ;D

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 06:25:19 PM »
Yeah sure,
this IS a crap thread,and it'll plummet unloved to the 2nd page very quickly, but at least it's VAGUELY golf course architectural.

I am ' ' this close to giving up on this website permanently. I am so fed up with the keerap that pervades it, that I am sure I am beginning to smell of it.

Maybe it's time the 'Moderators', actually moderated.

Martin.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 07:52:52 PM »
Hey but where else could you post photos of orange outfits and make plans to meet somewhere exotic for a round of golf?

Nowhere else that I can think of.  That's what keeps me coming back.  I just don't look at those threads.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back