News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Greg Tallman

GOLFWEEK rankings...
« on: November 17, 2009, 11:59:30 AM »
http://www.golfweek.com/news/golfweeks-best/

Interesting that Puerto Los Cabos gets ranked nearly a full year before opening yet Diamante, a FAR, FAR, FAR and away superior golf course can't crack the list even after opening.

Peculiar would be kind word for the list. If The Ocean Course is not superior to Vista Vallarta... well I have already said too much.

Kalen Braley

Re: GOLFWEEK rankings...
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 12:05:32 PM »
Interesting...

A very "West" like flavor to these rankings.

Can't say I disagree with RCCC in the #1 spot...its a great course.  Its also good to see Wine Valley up there as well, I really like it as well.

Greg Tallman

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 12:08:40 PM »
Interesting...

Can't say I disagree with RCCC in the #1 spot...its a great course.  Its also good to see Wine Valley up there as well, I really like it as well.

Being selfish and all... I was pointing to the Caribbean/Mexico rankings.

Eric Smith

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 12:10:30 PM »
Jonathan Becker just alerted me that Playa Grande made the best in the Caribbean list...#18!

Kalen Braley

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 12:10:31 PM »
Interesting...

My bad....the link went to the best new!!  Sorry to take it off-track.

Greg Tallman

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 12:12:11 PM »
Interesting...

My bad....the link went to the best new!!  Sorry to take it off-track.

No worries... you might guess I think the list itself is "off track"!

Greg Tallman

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2009, 12:13:16 PM »
Jonathan Becker just alerted me that Playa Grande made the best in the Caribbean list...#18!

Probably among the more accurate rankings. Pretty cool place.

jonathan_becker

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2009, 12:13:49 PM »

It's about time for Playa Grande to get some respect!  Hopefully now people will get down there and play that great course.

Eric Smith

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2009, 12:14:40 PM »

Probably among the more accurate rankings. Pretty cool place.

you're not kidding! I get shaky chin wishing I was back down there.

Matt_Ward

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2009, 12:53:54 PM »
Sand Hollow deserved a bit higher overall placement -- just a solid John Fought design and easily beyond what he did with Ghost Creek at Pumpkin Ridge in Oregon in my opinion.

Trey Kemp

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2009, 02:09:33 PM »
I played Puerto Los Cabos in April of this year and I believe they told me it had been open since last fall.  I played it the day after I played the Ocean Course and while it was no where near the quality of the Ocean course, it was in impeccable condition and it was fun play. 
twitter.com/TreyKempGCA

Greg Tallman

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2009, 02:43:50 PM »
I played Puerto Los Cabos in April of this year and I believe they told me it had been open since last fall.  I played it the day after I played the Ocean Course and while it was no where near the quality of the Ocean course, it was in impeccable condition and it was fun play. 

Not commenting on PLC this year... the course was rated lat least 3 months before being opened last year. Already been through this with Brad Klein who inexplicably defended the decision yet now ignores a course that is leaps and bounds better and actually open!

As for the quality of the course I will reserve comment. Cabo has its share of excellent courses and many I would recommend before PLC. Drop shot par 3 on the Norman 9 is rather fun I would admit.

Just too much wrong with GOLFWEEK's effort. They list opening dates correctly for some courses in 2008 and 2009 yet the new list offers dates that are several years off? Why does Norman get not credit for half of Puerto Los Cabos?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back