News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Michael Dugger

Re: Bandon Dunes vs. Bandon Trails
« Reply #75 on: November 12, 2009, 11:47:20 AM »
I don't really buy the argument that BT is less windy.

Get up on the tee at #11 and tell me that.....or #14......or #7......or the dunes holes.

What does it matter if the poor player can putt all the way from tee to green, provided that he has to zigzag so frequently that he takes six or seven putts to reach it?     --Alistair Mackenzie--

David Botimer

« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2009, 11:56:23 AM »
14 at BT really does need to be on a members course.  You MUST know what is going on and the danger or it will bite you.

I just caddied in the BD Club Championship a few weeks ago (for the 50 local business people who are the "members" of Bandon Dunes).  One lady in my pairing PICKED UP on 14 at BT after (drumroll please).......19 strokes.  The next time on 14, my player was a 14 handicap.  He hit his tee shot to the front edge (the EXACT spot I instructed him too, from 280 yards!!), 2 putted for birdie, and watched the carnage of another in his group play his version of army golf (left, right, etc.).

This is not a "members" hole, it is a "good golfers" hole.  You either approach the green from the front, or you need an incredibly delicate short game to have the touch to hold the green from the left.  Too many players get sucked into playing approach shots to the left, when the "bogey play" is to get the approach shot to the front edge and 3 tap their way to bogey.

Jud_T

« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2009, 01:45:10 PM »
ok david,

point taken. i guess we need to hire you next time around since i didn't hear that advise on either round last time at BT....
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back