News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Eric Smith

Re: Dixie Cup 2009 - Post Event Recap & Comments
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2009, 12:34:23 PM »
Nice pics. There is so much to like about that town. The equestrian community is obviously a big part of the lifestyle there.  When we played at Palmetto I heard the sound of a horse beyond the fence behind 16 green so I jumped up onto the bench there and caught a glimpse of a beautiful lady wearing her breeches and boots walking her horse along the neighborhood road that leads over to the polo field.

Kenny Baer

« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2009, 12:41:47 PM »
Anthony,

Did I see a picture of you in a cart at Aiken GC?  65 degrees, little over 6,000 yd course and you are carting it?

That is hard core cartballing. ;D

Anthony Gray

« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2009, 12:49:41 PM »
Anthony,

Did I see a picture of you in a cart at Aiken GC?  65 degrees, little over 6,000 yd course and you are carting it?

I slipped in the shower and injuried myself. Next time I'll wait til Eric gets out first.

Anthony

Eric Smith

« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2009, 01:11:30 PM »
The copyright on the scorecard is 1939.  Talk about keeping in touch with history!!

...but the long-drive inspiring scent of mushu pork and crab rangoon wafting in the breeze along the third fairway was enough to keep you firmly planted in the present.

;D ;D That was Palmetto and the crab rangoon/kung pao chicken aroma has been known to inspire long and straight drives!  Interestingly, as we drove to Dukes that day, I looked around when we were passing the 3rd green/4th tee area and there was no chinese restaurant in sight.  I think it was divine intervention!

That's weird...who is cooking at home and makes it smell like that? In Aiken??  Maybe you're right, must have been divinity.

Kenny Baer

« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2009, 01:14:35 PM »
Anthony,

I slipped in the shower and injuried myself. Next time I'll wait til Eric gets out first.

Anthony

Sorry about that I hope you are okay;  it is tough to walk 18 holes bow legged.   ;)

Eric Smith

« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2009, 01:33:17 PM »
Anthony,

Anthony

He called me a Baboon, thinks I'm his wife.

Anthony Gray

« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2009, 01:59:00 PM »
I think I have discovered Anthony's true identity... he is really the entertainer Leon Redbone (or his illegitimate offspring).

Michael,

Leon Redbone is my uncle on my cousin's side. He does the best Frosty the Snowman ever with Dr John. Also on the other side of the family people say I get my looks from my father's sister's husband Father Guido Sarducci.

Anthony

Joe Hancock

« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2009, 05:16:40 PM »
I'll gladly post my insights, but it will have to wait until I've returned from the better half of my trip, the Trixie Cup 2009.....

(It was incredibly difficult to use descriptive words writing the above without it being obvious innuendo)

Joe
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Bill_McBride

« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2009, 05:24:48 PM »
I'll gladly post my insights, but it will have to wait until I've returned from the better half of my trip, the Trixie Cup 2009.....

(It was incredibly difficult to use descriptive words writing the above without it being obvious innuendo)

Joe

Have a great time on the Trixie Cup tour.  The Dixie Cup was lots of fun, glad we got to play together Saturday.  Sunday was not so good, Ken Fields turned me every which way but loose.   :P

JC Jones

« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2009, 07:18:57 PM »

Joe

Are you saying that sharing a room with your wife is better than sharing a room with me?
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Joe Hancock

« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2009, 08:23:37 PM »

Joe

Are you saying that sharing a room with your wife is better than sharing a room with me?

Not only saying it, but living it as well.....

;)
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Mark Pritchett

« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2009, 08:52:17 PM »
I just wanted to say thank you to Mike Whitaker and company for putting on such a tip top event. 

I had a great time and enjoyed all the courses.  I was fortunate to play Camden CC with their assistant super as well as a long time  member and they offered insightful knowledge on the evolution of the course. I thought the back to back Par 5's (14-15) with the railroad track between them was pretty neat.  A great set of Par 3's as well.

Thanks again to everyone!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back