News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Warwick Loton

Re: New C&C course at Barnbougle, "The Lost Farm"
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2009, 03:38:42 AM »
Didn't get to walk it - hadn't made advance arrangements, and they asked us to stay clear.

However, you can see a fair bit from across the river. The single best vantage point is the high tee on 16 (with a pair of binoculars). Being macho-men, we played from the back tees and so walked straight past this spot during the first couple of rounds, but then got wise...

Emil Weber

« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2009, 05:30:07 AM »
Is it possible for everyone to make arrangements?

Warwick Loton

« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2009, 06:34:21 AM »
Not that I know of, but much tougher bastions than that have succumbed to persistent, enthusiastic, charming entreaties...

What I'm wondering is how many enthusiasts are going to get to play the course before its' official opening - if the last of the turf has fully taken within a couple of months, and the official opening is still 10 months away, it's hard to believe that there won't be a select few who get to test out the course in that interim period.

Jud_T

« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2009, 10:57:37 AM »
Road Trip!!
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Ash Towe

« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2009, 08:51:49 PM »
The Lost Farm and Old MacDonald will be the 2 most interesting course openings for 2010 in my opinion.

It will be intersting to see how they will be received and if comparisons are made.

Who will be the first person to play both?

Tom_Doak

« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2009, 09:00:47 PM »
I suspect Mike Keiser will be the first to play both courses, unless I get back to Australia before he gets back again.

Adam Lawrence

« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2009, 03:50:01 AM »
I walked all eighteen holes of the Lost Farm with Keith yesterday, in a hurricane (or at least, it felt like a hurricane).

It is going to be stunning. There will not be many better 36 hole days anywhere on earth.

Adam
Adam Lawrence

Editor, Golf Course Architecture
www.golfcoursearchitecture.net

Principal, Oxford Golf Consulting
www.oxfordgolfconsulting.com

Author, 'More Enduring Than Brass: a biography of Harry Colt' (forthcoming).

Short words are best, and the old words, when short, are the best of all.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back