News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

JC Jones

GCA Quote - Who said it?
« on: November 02, 2009, 08:04:23 AM »
... we have to be careful that golf design does no evolve into a frenzied race to cut the ribbon on real-estate sales.  Good golf demands more attention than that.  Nature is too important to receive ill regard.  .... If we are to preserve the integrity of golf as left to us by our thoughtful forefathers, it is up to all of us to carry on the true spirit of the game.
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

astavrides

Re: GCA Quote - Who said it?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 08:14:53 AM »
old tom morris?

JC Jones

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 08:21:30 AM »
100 years later!
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 09:04:34 AM »

It’s me, sounds like me, but of course it’s not me.

We do not use the term 'real-estate sales' this side of the pond, but seems like a man after my own heart, whatever happened to his wise words.  That is a question only the architects on this site can answer and IMHO should answer.

The old excuse of 'Just Following Orders' will not wash, but then I would not want to see any architects or their families starving for the sake of golf. Yet I have never met a poor architect, so starvation is probably not the excuse.

If its not real-estate sales, its island greens, perhaps to try to give that 'Look' factor. Both failed the golfer badly IMHO.

Melvyn

Tom MacWood

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 09:25:26 AM »
Herbert Warren Wind?

JC Jones

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 09:30:41 AM »
Herbert Warren Wind?

WOW.  If I can stump MacWood, I feel pretty good. :)

JC Jones

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2009, 09:31:25 AM »

It’s me, sounds like me, but of course it’s not me.

We do not use the term 'real-estate sales' this side of the pond, but seems like a man after my own heart, whatever happened to his wise words.  That is a question only the architects on this site can answer and IMHO should answer.

The old excuse of 'Just Following Orders' will not wash, but then I would not want to see any architects or their families starving for the sake of golf. Yet I have never met a poor architect, so starvation is probably not the excuse.

If its not real-estate sales, its island greens, perhaps to try to give that 'Look' factor. Both failed the golfer badly IMHO.

Melvyn

This person may or may not be happy to hear how alike your mind is to theirs ;) ;D

Eric Smith

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2009, 09:37:58 AM »
Tiger

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2009, 09:47:29 AM »
It seems like an open and honest opinion. Lovers of Golf, will I expect also agree. Maybe those that need or like help with their game in the form of carts/distance aids may also agree, but then perhaps not, as the quote refers to 'preserve the integrity of golf'. IMHO carts and distance does the opposite, they dilutes the game, losing the very essence of the game in the process. However, that's just my opinion.

Melvyn  

Kalen Braley

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2009, 10:10:00 AM »
Ted Robinson?

Bill Brightly

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2009, 10:12:05 AM »
Ben Crenshaw

JC Jones

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2009, 10:40:56 AM »
Ben Crenshaw

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner. 

It is from the Prologue to Anatomy of A Golf Course and was written by Ben Crenshaw in 1992.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back