News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Garland Bayley

Blasi, Jay and Charlton, Bruce, "Chambers Bay, USA", Golf Architecture: A Worldwide Perspective, vol. 5, Daley, Paul ed., Pelican Publishing Company, 2009, pg. 9
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Melvyn Morrow

I am reminded of the comment normally associated with Sherlock Holmes "Elementary, my dear Garland," (which of course was never actually said by Holmes in the first place).

Melvyn

Rich Goodale

I am reminded of one of Swift's better quotes:

"Last week I saw a woman flayed, and you will hardly believe how much it altered her person for the worse."

Garland Bayley

I posted this, because earlier there were some people on this site asking why they couldn't put cart paths in and use carts at Chambers Bay. Some of those people wouldn't take our answer, so I found that answer given by the architects when they did the course.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Bill_McBride

I am reminded of one of Swift's better quotes:

"Last week I saw a woman flayed, and you will hardly believe how much it altered her person for the worse."

But did it improve her attitude?  ???

Tim Leahy

Hogwash!
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

Garland Bayley

Hogwash!

Kind of nonspecific comment. Care to fill us in on the details?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back