News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Chris Ord

Re: LOVE AT FIRST SITE
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2009, 10:46:05 PM »
on the california tip...

riviera
pasatiempo

and i love that drive up to rustic canyon.  you can see the flag positions on the first four holes.  it just gets one excited.

V. Kmetz

« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2009, 11:07:00 PM »
Yale
NGLA
Fisher's
CC of Fairfield
Shennecosset

The dilapidated halfway house shack at NGLA - every type of booze known to mankind, a sweaty glass water dispenser, a 10lb tub of spreadable cheese with six or seven ravaged sleeves of Ritz crackers. Bukowski would have written alcoholic gutter poems about it, in fact he may have been behind the counter.
"The tee shot must first be hit straight and long between a vast bunker on the left which whispers 'slice' in the player's ear, and a wilderness on the right which induces a hurried hook." -

Tim Gavrich

« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2009, 12:19:32 AM »
Sunningdale--Old
Newport CC
Shelter Harbor
Caledonia
Senior Writer, GolfPass

Rob Rigg

« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2009, 02:12:10 AM »
Co. Cavan - Intro to golf
Bundoran - Intro to links golf
Ballybunion and Lahinch - Intro to the finest links golf in the world
BDGR - the pinnacle of links golf in the new world - overwhelmingly incredible

Michael Latham

« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2009, 02:44:43 AM »
The car park at Saunton GC, North Devon offers no view of the courses but as you walk down to the Clubhouse there is a panorama of linksland golf before you.
I fell in love with that view 30 years ago and it's impact has never lessened. It is peace and challenge in one.

Alister Matheson

« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2009, 02:48:16 AM »
Trumpsville links pre earthworks   ;D
Cruden Bay Links Maintenance Blog

http://crudenbaylinks.blogspot.com/

Michael Wharton-Palmer

« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2009, 09:32:30 AM »
Quite a few actually, but one in particular.
It was a misty, damp May morning when I first drove into the Merion parking lot the day before the now defunct Wilson..

As I stood on that marvelous first tee, the damp misty rain craeting a somewhat feeling of home.
Upon crossing the street, the layer of mist was just sitting in the valley that lies in the dip in front of number 3 green and number two fairway...it was as eerie as it was beautiful...what followd was the introduction to a golf course unlike any other...I love Merion!

BVince

« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2009, 10:45:34 AM »
BryonV:

Where have you been in the last five years or so?  ;) Good to see you back.

Hey buddy, I have been lurking around the site but really busy traveling with the new job.  My wife is back in town this week for her R&R vacation from Iraq.  It is great to have her around, although my belly is growing from consuming too many of her homemade sweet treats.  Hope all is well! 
If profanity had an influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be played far better than it is. - Horace Hutchinson

RJ_Daley

« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2009, 01:19:40 PM »
It is great to have her around, although my belly is growing from consuming too many of her homemade sweet treats.

Happy R&R BV and Wifey, and who knows, bellies will tend to grow in the good times...  ;) ;D 8)
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

J_ Crisham

« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2009, 08:15:56 PM »
MPCC Shore was special in two ways for me. I was able to experience a spectatacular golf course but more importantly it was my 1st GCA event,the KP. What a weekend we had-the people I played with were top notch gentlemen and to this day I try hard to join them from time to time.  I would encourage all to play in a GCA event if it works into your budget and schedule.
                                                                                                          Jack

Ryan Admussen

« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2009, 08:21:18 PM »
Wolf Creek-old course(alberta)
Banff Springs
Jasper
Big Sky

Stephen Britton

« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2009, 09:59:04 PM »
Augusta National
Oakmont
Royal Melbourne West
"The chief object of every golf architect or greenkeeper worth his salt is to imitate the beauties of nature so closely as to make his work indistinguishable from nature itself" Alister MacKenzie...

Kevin Pallier

« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2009, 11:37:06 PM »
As far as standing on the first tee - TOC & Shinnecock - blew me away.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back