News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Anthony Gray

Cruden Bay's influence on Cabot Links
« on: October 27, 2009, 05:26:25 PM »

Ran started a thread on Simpson two years ago, Ben updated the write up on Cruden Bay on Courses by Country a few months ago. Could Rod Whitman have been the architect that was taking pictures there last year?

Well.....Lets hope so. North America sure could use a course with a twist on every hole.

Anthony

« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 05:29:36 PM by Anthony Gray »

Jeff_Mingay

Re: Cruden Bay's influence on Cabot Links
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 05:36:25 PM »
Anthony,

I chuckled when I saw your initial post, here.

I've been working with Rod Whitman for almost 10 years now, and can confirm he doesn't even know how to use a camera! (Seriously!)

This said, I'd still be expectant of Cabot Links featuring "a twist on every hole". I was out there all summer, designing and shaping with Rod, so can confirm this as well!

Best,   
jeffmingay.com

Anthony Gray

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 08:11:12 PM »
Anthony,

I've been working with Rod Whitman for almost 10 years now, and can confirm he doesn't even know how to use a camera! (Seriously!)

This said, I'd still be expectant of Cabot Links featuring "a twist on every hole". I was out there all summer, designing and shaping with Rod, so can confirm this as well!

Best,   

Anthony Gray

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 08:14:27 PM »
Anthony,

Best,   

Jeff,

Thanks. My caddy from 2 years ago was talking about an architect. Has Ron been there? Yourself? I love the uniqueness of the holes and would like to a similier course. Thanks for your info. Has Ben or Ran ever mentined Cruden Bay?

Anthony

Eric Smith

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 08:23:10 PM »
AG, He may have said Ron Whitten was there taking pictures of CB.  You were probably trying to spell his name anyway. ;) :D

Jeff_Mingay

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 08:01:50 AM »
Anthony,

Yes, Rod and I have both visited Cruden Bay. Can't see we've talked about the course while building Cabot though... at least not yet!
jeffmingay.com

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back