News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Alex Miller

Re: GCA Mock Fantasy Draft
« Reply #225 on: October 28, 2009, 06:36:05 PM »
I don't like the idea of trading individual courses, as it defeats the purpose of linking architects and their designs.
I do like Alex's idea of trading a set of picks with the option of swapping out the courses for other courses by the same designer. Would that really happen in practice though?  Seems like you'd give up one of your earlier picks for the right to swap-out a course. Although I must admit I'm mildly intrigued to find out what Tims asking price is for Ballyneal. What the heck...let the trading begin. Free for all as long as the two parties agree. Alex's swap-in applies only if you acquire three of the same designer (could be interesting if you piece together parts from separate deals).

You can't trade individual courses!

Jay Flemma

« Reply #226 on: October 28, 2009, 06:38:59 PM »
I think we can here since his three is one.  Lets make a deal off-list, then send it to the commish to ratify or shoot down.
Mackenzie, MacRayBanks, Maxwell, Doak, Dye, Strantz. @JayGolfUSA, GNN Radio Host of Jay's Plays www.cybergolf.com/writerscorner

Jay Flemma

« Reply #227 on: October 28, 2009, 06:46:17 PM »
A super blockbuster trade offer from JC just got rejected...

JC offered to give me Oakmont, if I gave Alex philly cricket, sleepy hollow, and quaker, and he got yale, fishers, and mid-ocean.

I declined...BUT counteroffered...

I give Philly cricket and quaker to alex, alex gives two of his raynors to JC, and JC gives me oakmont...I see an answer in my inbox now...

...cue jeopardy theme...

Tree house thoughts on this proposal?
Mackenzie, MacRayBanks, Maxwell, Doak, Dye, Strantz. @JayGolfUSA, GNN Radio Host of Jay's Plays www.cybergolf.com/writerscorner

JC Jones

« Reply #228 on: October 28, 2009, 06:47:33 PM »
A super blockbuster trade offer from JC just got rejected...

JC offered to give me Oakmont, if I gave Alex philly cricket, sleepy hollow, and quaker, and he got yale, fishers, and mid-ocean.

I declined...BUT counteroffered...

I give Philly cricket and quaker to alex, alex gives two of his raynors to JC, and JC gives me oakmont...I see an answer in my inbox now...

...cue jeopardy theme...

Tree house thoughts on this proposal?

I need Fishers to be one of the Raynors or this is NO DEAL
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Jim Colton

« Reply #229 on: October 28, 2009, 06:48:23 PM »
I relented on my initial stance against trades. You can deal whatever combination of courses you own. If you acquire a course and want to swap for another course by the same designer, you have to own three of his courses though.

JC Jones

« Reply #230 on: October 28, 2009, 06:50:42 PM »
I relented on my initial stance against trades. You can deal whatever combination of courses you own. If you acquire a course and want to swap for another course by the same designer, you have to own three of his courses though.

So I cant swap Oakmont for two Raynors b/c I dont have any other Raynor?
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Jay Flemma

« Reply #231 on: October 28, 2009, 06:51:50 PM »
how do you own three fowneses? there aren't three?

we'll work something out then you can ratify!

I agree with JC that makes no sense...

Alex Miller

« Reply #232 on: October 28, 2009, 06:53:41 PM »
Basically you can't have more architects than picks! 4 rounds =4 architects or less

Jay Flemma

« Reply #233 on: October 28, 2009, 06:55:25 PM »
then that screws our deal because with my adding fownes, but still keeping a tille, I'll have 5.  I HOPE that's not the rule...one more thing...come on alex, lemme keep Sleepy Hollow...Phily cricket held a major and Quaker ridge is awesome...I'm a literary guy, I need Sleepy Hollow!

JC Jones

« Reply #234 on: October 28, 2009, 06:58:05 PM »

I thought you said you had autopicks lined up.

Ben Sims

« Reply #235 on: October 28, 2009, 06:59:22 PM »
Call me TEAM KOTEX....

Cause I'm stuck in first place.  Zing!!

JC Jones

« Reply #236 on: October 28, 2009, 07:01:49 PM »
Call me TEAM KOTEX....

No way, you blew your Raynor picks and left Fishers on the board.  Unforgiveable. ;D

Jim Colton

« Reply #237 on: October 28, 2009, 07:04:07 PM »
Did Jay make a pick?  I have some autopicks from him but I think he's around.

I'll be back in 20 min to fill out what I have...

Jay Flemma

« Reply #238 on: October 28, 2009, 07:04:25 PM »
I don't think he meant THAT first place!!!!!!! :o :o

and yes, I picked william flynn...atlantic city CC, cherry hills, and rolling green

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #239 on: October 28, 2009, 07:04:44 PM »
What does that even mean, Sims, and why would you ever want to be identified by a tampon or a tampax or whatever that high-pressure wad is?

I PM'ed Jaeger...says he's online...must be asleep...The Good, the Bad and the Ugly of the live draft.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

JC Jones

« Reply #240 on: October 28, 2009, 07:05:16 PM »
Did Jay make a pick?  I have some autopicks from him but I think he's around.

I'll be back in 20 min to fill out what I have...

Jay took Flynn courses

Kalen Braley

« Reply #241 on: October 28, 2009, 07:08:06 PM »
What does that even mean, Sims, and why would you ever want to be identified by a tampon or a tampax or whatever that high-pressure wad is?

I PM'ed Jaeger...says he's online...must be asleep...The Good, the Bad and the Ugly of the live draft.

Cmon, we're almost thru 4 rounds in just 2 days....thats not too bad considering the number of peeps involved and various schedules.   ;D

P.S.  Depsite the commish's ruling on Shinny, I'm still calling bogus.  I guess its good Cypress went in the 1st pick or whoever went with Raynor would have picked it I suppose..   ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)

Ben Sims

« Reply #242 on: October 28, 2009, 07:08:18 PM »
Call me TEAM KOTEX....

No way, you blew your Raynor picks and left Fishers on the board.  Unforgiveable. ;D

Other than Pacific Grove JC, my picks are all top 100 courses....looks okay to me.  Wait till you see my next one...

Ben Sims

« Reply #243 on: October 28, 2009, 07:11:11 PM »

Ron,

A figure of speech Mr. Literal.  This from a guy that had Old Town in his #7 pick overall.....shameful ;D

JC Jones

« Reply #244 on: October 28, 2009, 07:11:58 PM »

Cmon, we're almost thru 4 rounds in just 2 days....thats not too bad considering the number of peeps involved and various schedules.   ;D

P.S.  Depsite the commish's ruling on Shinny, I'm still calling bogus.  I guess its good Cypress went in the 1st pick or whoever went with Raynor would have picked it I suppose..   ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)

The commish made his ruling on Shinny to protect his own rear on his Pine Valley and Sunningdale being Colt courses.

Jay Flemma

« Reply #245 on: October 28, 2009, 07:12:58 PM »
and he picked yahnundasis! WTF???

simsy...spyglass hill?  jack Nicklaus - "when I play spyglasss hill, it makes me wish I went fishing!"

Jay Flemma

« Reply #246 on: October 28, 2009, 07:16:23 PM »
Round 1:
1. Jud Tigerman: MacKenzie - Crystal Downs, Cypress Point, Palmetto
2. Jaeger Kovich: CBM - The National, Shinnecock, Chicago Golf
3. Jay Flemma: Strantz - MPCC Shore, Bulls Bay, Tobacco Road
4. JC Jones: Ross - Pinehurst #2, Seminole, Wannamoisett
5. Mac Plumart: Dye - Kiawah Ocean, Pete Dye Golf Club of WV, and The Golf Club
6. Alex Miller: Tillinghast - San Francisco Golf Club, Bethpage Black, Winged Foot (West)
7. Ron Montesano: Perry Maxwell - Old Town Club, Southern Hills and Prairie Dunes
8. Eric Smith: Old Tom - Royal County Down, Muirfield, Royal Dornoch
9. Tim Bert: Doak - Pacific Dunes, Ballyneal, Old Mac
10. Kalen Braley: William Flynn - Philly Country Club, The Country Club (Shinny already picked so no soup for you!)
11. Patrick Hodgdon - Coore & Crenshaw - Sand Hills, Friars Head, Bandon Trails
12. Jim Colton: HS Colt - Pine Valley, Royal Portrush, Sunningdale (Old)
13. Dell Sims: Raynor - Camargo, Shoreacres, Yeaman's Hall
14. JNC_Lyon: Ross - Oak Hill East/West, Teugega
15. Rob Rigg: Thompson - Highlands Links, St George's, Banff Springs

Round 2:
16. Rob Rigg: Thomas - Riviera, LACC - North, Bel Air
17. JNC Lyon: Emmet - Leatherstocking, Garden City, Seawane
18. Dell Sims: MacKenzie -  Augusta, Royal Melbourne, Pasatiempo
19. Jim Colton Doak - Barnbougle, Rock Creek, Sebonack
20. Patrick Hodgdon: Hugh Wilson - Merion East & West, Cobb's Creek
21. Kalen Braley: Mike Young - Longshadow, Wolf Creek (GA), Southern Hills (GA)
22. Tim Bert: Mike DeVries - Kingsley, Greywalls, Mines
23. Eric Smith: Tom Simpson - Ballybunion (Old), Cruden Bay, Morfontaine
24. Ron M: Walter Travis - Yahnundasis, Ekwanok, Lookout Point
25. Alex Miller: Raynor - Yale, Mid-Ocean, Fishers Island
26. Mac Plumart: Fazio - Shadow Creek, Gozzer Ranch, The Green Monkey
27. JC Jones: God--The Old Course
28. Jay Flemma:  ross - oakland hills, white bear, the balsams (panorama)
29. Jaeger Kovich: Colt - Swinley Forrest, and St George's Hill (Muirfield already picked)
30. Jud Tigerman: Old Tom - prestwick, lahinch, machrihanish

Round 3
31. Jud Tigerman: Coore/Crenshaw - austin golf club, old sandwich, lost farm
32. Jaeger Kovich: - James Braid - Carnoustie, Gleneagles, and Royal Aberdeen
33. Jay Flemma:  Tilly...Philly Cricket (Wissahickon), Sleepy Hollow, Quaker Ridge
34. JC Jones: Colt - Colt - Rye, Toronto, St Andrews Eden
35. Mac Plumart: Willie Fernie - Troon, Turnberry (Ailisa), Shiskine.
36. Alex Miller: Jack - Cabo del Sol, Muifield Village, and Harbourtown
37. Ron Montesano: Ross - Charles River, Aronomink, CC Rochester
38. Eric Smith: MacKenzie - Kingston Heath, New South Wales, Royal Adelaide
39. Tim Bert: Ross - Holston Hills, Beverly, Newport
40. Kalen Braley: Engh - Black Rock, Sanctuary, Lakota Canyon
41. Patrick Hodgdon: Doak - Cape Kidnappers, Bay of Dreams, and Lost Dunes
42. Jim Colton: CH Alison - Hirono, Kawana, Naruo
43. Dell Sims: RT Jones:  Valderamma, Peachtree GC, Spyglass Hill
44. JNC_Lyon: Raynor--Mountain Lake (FL), Country Club of Fairfield, Fox Chapel.
45. Rob Rigg: Hanse - Castle Stuart, Rustic Canyon, Boston Golf Club

Round 4:
46. Rob Rigg: Hackett - Carne, Eniscrone, Waterville
47. JNC_Lyon: Ross - Essex County Club (MA), Plainfield, Country Club of Buffalo
48. Dell Sims: Jack Neville - Pebble Beach, Pacific Grove
49. Jim Colton: Pete Dye - Casa de Campo, TPC Sawgrass, The Honors Course
50. Patrick Hodgdon: Mackenzie: Valley Club of Montecito, Jockey Club (Cancha Colorada), Titirangi
51. Kalen Braley: Brauer - Giants Ridge, Sand Creek Station, Wilderness at Fortune Bay
52. Tim Bert:  Nuzzo - Wolf Point, Aztec Club, Swanson Golf Center
53. Eric Smith: Colt - Woodhall Spa, Kennemer, De Pan
54:  Ron Montesano:  Leeds - Bass Rocks, Kebo Valley, Myopia Hunt
55. Alex Miller: Kyle P - Cal Club, Kingsbarns, and Dundonald
56. Mac Plumart: Drew Rogers - Oitavos Dunes, Olde Stone, and Country Club of Columbus
57. JC Jones: Fownes - Oakmont
58. Jay Flemma:  William Flynn - Atlantic City C.C., Cherry Hills, Rolling Green
59. Jaeger Kovich: ON THE CLOCK and SLACKIN' AGAIN!
60. Jud Tigerman:

Kalen Braley

« Reply #247 on: October 28, 2009, 07:17:19 PM »

The commish made his ruling on Shinny to protect his own rear on his Pine Valley and Sunningdale being Colt courses.

Fair enough, he is the commish and has set the rules...so its all good!!!

I had just hoped there would be better discretion/sense of fairplay by those making such picks just to stack thier courses!!   ;D

Alex Miller

« Reply #248 on: October 28, 2009, 07:19:08 PM »

Fair enough, he is the commish and has set the rules...so its all good!!!

I had just hoped there would be better discretion/sense of fairplay by those making such picks just to stack thier courses!!   ;D

Yeah, and the Lakers got Pau Gasol for Kwame Brown. It happens... ;D

Ben Sims

« Reply #249 on: October 28, 2009, 07:19:32 PM »
and he picked yahnundasis! WTF???

simsy...spyglass hill?  jack Nicklaus - "when I play spyglasss hill, it makes me wish I went fishing!"

You took Wolf Creek from The Dude instead of Hacienda Pinilla.  Worse than Spyglass...by far :D

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back