News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Melvyn Morrow

Re: The Ten Golfing Commandments New
« Reply #75 on: November 09, 2009, 10:33:03 AM »
Giles

Hi & welcome. However, on the subject of aids and playing a virgin course, I find it the key factor in the fun and enjoyment of my round. Not knowing the course or the correct approach shots, playing by the seat of your pant (no, not carting ;) ) is the thrill and challenge that lift even the experience and test the resolve of the individual golfer. Its just pure fun, fun, fun, its what golf is all about you vs. the course, no aids toys just using what God and nature gave you. Who cares about the score, check that out the next time but don't waste that moment looking for help, even from a caddy just go for it and tell me in the 19th that you did not have a hell of a time, crap score but great time.

I have always loved the thrill of a course I have never played.  Don’t kill the excitement by using any form of distance aids, you actually don't need them anyway. Its like smoking, the more you use them the more you need them, also they are outside aids. Also don not forget that you did not achieve that score without help. My terrible score was achieved unaided but just look who is smiling and happy :D :D ;D ;D ;)

Again, welcome and look forward to more of your comments.

Melvyn

« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 10:45:43 AM by Melvyn Hunter Morrow »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back