News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kalen Braley

Re: Wow, I have again made the news through GCA.com
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2009, 12:20:37 PM »

I think I heard several F bombs at The Grudge Match.

Anthony

I agree, and if this rule were in place I would have beat Garland at least 6 and 5.   ;D

Anthony Gray

« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2009, 12:33:46 PM »

I think I heard several F bombs at The Grudge Match.

Anthony

I agree, and if this rule were in place I would have beat Garland at least 6 and 5.   ;D

As the official I now regret not calling it on him.

Anthony

Ian Larson

« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2009, 12:45:31 PM »
I don't see a problem with New Tom Morris having his opinion about Tigers behavior. It's his opinion and what's the harm in that? If anything it's coming from a better place than those arguing against him. Do we want to keep golf civil and gentlemenly? Or do we want to go in the direction of hockey? Golf has always been the flag bearer for sportsmanship. That's how my grandfather taught me game. I appreciate Melvins stance and hopes he keeps his nails dug in.

Jason Connor

« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2009, 02:40:22 PM »
The great thing about being a nobody is that no one quotes me.

We discovered that in good company there is no such thing as a bad golf course.  - James Dodson

PCCraig

« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2009, 02:56:09 PM »

Don't worry Jason. You can do what Melvyn did and join a football discussion board, claim that you are the great-great-nephew of the Hall of Fame Football player George Connor and use your "family tree" as a shield against any criticism of your comments! 
H.P.S.

Matthew Hunt

« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2009, 06:57:57 PM »
why  are you posting this?

I don't know, Paul, it's kind of a First Amendment kind of thing!!

Me and Melvyn live on a Bill of rights less world, thought N.Ireland was going to get one but when couuldn't agree when the life and therefore 'rights' started. We actully arn't that different from Americians then.

Anthony Gray

« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2009, 07:16:29 PM »

Don't worry Jason. You can do what Melvyn did and join a football discussion board, claim that you are the great-great-nephew of the Hall of Fame Football player George Connor and use your "family tree" as a shield against any criticism of your comments! 

Pat,

Nice bit of football history. George Connor Hall Of Famer and 1946 the first Outland Trophy winner from Notre Dame. As for golf history, one man stands out. They even placed a plaque of him on the R&A. Not only a major champion but architect of several top 100 courses.

All the Best to you,

Anthony

Bob_Huntley

« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2009, 01:07:09 AM »

Pat,

I rarely get into a pissing match between two GCA members but do you have some animus toward Melvyn that we need to know about?

Bob

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2009, 08:45:15 AM »
David,
Have you ever officiated sports other than golf?

Trust me, what Tiger does is NOTHING compared to what you hear out on the field.  On the field, 99% of the colorful comments are not penalized.  In fact the only ones that are penalized are when the comments become personal.

"That was a #*$$&& bad call" will get nothing.   "You're a *$*$( #*$($(" will be penalized every time.

PS - I did junior sports too, and by far the worst offenders of sportsmanlike behavior (including language) were the parents
--------------------
That said, I think Melvyn is absolutely right to express his opinion, and I'm glad he does so.  I don't agree much of the time, but he makes me think.  After all, isn't that the point of civil discussions?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back