News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

Robin_Hiseman

Ben

I'll ask Ross if he has some notes to hand.  I doubt he's given it much thought yet, as I only mentioned it to him this morning.

Cheers

Robin
2024: Royal St. David's(x2); Mill Ride(x7); Milford; Notts; JCB(x2), Jameson Links, Druids Glen, Royal Dublin, Portmarnock, Old Head, Addington, Parkstone, Denham, Thurlestone, Dartmouth, Rustic Canyon, LACC (North), MPCC (Shore), Cal Club, San Francisco, Epsom, Casa Serena (CZ), Hayling

Ben Stephens

Ben

I'll ask Ross if he has some notes to hand.  I doubt he's given it much thought yet, as I only mentioned it to him this morning.

Cheers

Robin

Robin,

No problems there is plenty of time come September, it would be a great help for me (and possibly others to remember what has been said in the presentation)

Cheers
Ben

Tony_Muldoon

As no one else's head is above the parapet hand is up, thank you Mark and Robin. Will be fun.

Looks like 10 a side ROW and USA.  Easy job.

Let the sledging begin. ;)
Let's make GCA grate again!

Bill_McBride

As no one else's head is above the parapet hand is up, thank you Mark and Robin. Will be fun.

Looks like 10 a side ROW and USA.  Easy job.

Let the sledging begin. ;)

Any USA losses will of course be blamed on jet lag, not to mention those blasted vuvulezas Capt Muldoon will bring for ROW to toot.

Craig Disher

I'll grant that Tony will be a formidable Captain and opponent but given the inspiration all of us took last year from Mike Whitaker, I think he'd be a terrific selection for our side.

Bill_McBride

I'll grant that Tony will be a formidable Captain and opponent but given the inspiration all of us took last year from Mike Whitaker, I think he'd be a terrific selection for our side.

I concur!

Sean_A

It looks like nominations are in.  Muldoon for ROW and Whitty for USA.  Consider this sentence a posting of the banns.  If anybody has an additional word on the matter please speak you mind now. 

See the orignal post for updates.

Ciao

New plays planned for 2024: Nothing

Michael Whitaker

OK, having watched Craig's cool, calm, collected captaincy last year I feel better equipped to give this thing a go. Thanks, guys, for the opportunity ???.  I think! :o

I've talked with Tony and we may offer for consideration a couple of tweaks to the competition. At its core, the Buda is a friendly social gathering of like-minded souls, but making the competition a bit more spirited (especially in a Ryder Cup year) might be fun. As the date grows closer we'll float a few suggestions and see what the group thinks.     

Cheers!

Mike
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

John Mayhugh

Re: BUDA CUP VIII @ Pennard 2010: Final Payment Required
« Reply #158 on: July 06, 2010, 04:40:38 PM »
Just realized I had not yet sent a check for my balance to Sean.  A to-do list isn't very useful if you don't check it!

Mailed today.

Eric Smith

« Reply #159 on: July 08, 2010, 12:32:53 PM »
I've been dreaming of Wales.  These images from the Royal Porthcawl website have helped in painting a picture of what awaits in September.

Sean Arbie ;), I saw your pic from Pennard in a book at the bookstore the other day, recognizing it right away from here on GCA.

Sean_A

« Reply #160 on: July 09, 2010, 08:42:01 AM »
I've been dreaming of Wales.  These images from the Royal Porthcawl website have helped in painting a picture of what awaits in September.

Sean Arbie ;), I saw your pic from Pennard in a book at the bookstore the other day, recognizing it right away from here on GCA.

Eric

Yes, I finally make the transition to artiste and now I must change my name.  Heavy sigh...

Ciao

Marty Bonnar

I think 'Arbie' has a certain je ne sais quoi and lends you an air of continental mystique.
Surely a beret and a pack of untipped Gauloises can only be just around the corner???
bonjour,
Le FBD.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Sean_A

I think 'Arbie' has a certain je ne sais quoi and lends you an air of continental mystique.
Surely a beret and a pack of untipped Gauloises can only be just around the corner???
bonjour,
Le FBD.

FBD

What, now I can't fire up cigars?  Forget it - I don't want to be a artiste.

Ciao

Mark Pearce

Arbie?  Sounds like a character in a Biggles book.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Sean_A

I was just browsing the particulars and I see that I don't info of Sunday's golf for:

J Topp
W Peyronnin
T Muldoon
J Mayhugh

Sorry if I missed it, but please sort this out when you get a chance.

Ciao

John Mayhugh

I was just browsing the particulars and I see that I don't info of Sunday's golf for:

J Topp
W Peyronnin
T Muldoon
J Mayhugh

Ciao

Do you mean number of holes for Sunday?  36 for me and I am pretty much certain for Jason Topp as well.

Jason Topp

J Topp
W Peyronnin
T Muldoon
J Mayhugh

Ciao

Do you mean number of holes for Sunday?  36 for me and I am pretty much certain for Jason Topp as well.

36 for me as well

Michael Whitaker

Any chance someone is looking for a roommate for Thursday and Friday nights? Sadly, I am without lodging for those two nights. I was thinking of booking a single at the Seabank, but a partner would sure help keep the budget in check.

I do snore a bit, but I always carry earplugs so that I don't keep myself awake.  ;D

"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Eric Smith

Captains: May I suggest having team photos snapped standing at the first tee just before dinner Friday night, since we'll all be in jacket and tie?

Can't wait fellas.

Anthony Gray

I may make it this year if I don't go to Brazil.

Sean_A

Re: BUDA CUP VIII @ Pennard 2010:Last Call For Final Payment!
« Reply #170 on: July 27, 2010, 11:11:36 AM »
Last call for money folks.  I am off on holiday and plan to finalize numbers with Porthcawl somewhere around 10 August upon my return. 

Ciao

ward peyronnin

Re: BUDA CUP VIII @ Pennard 2010:Last Call For Final Payment!
« Reply #171 on: July 27, 2010, 04:18:43 PM »
Sean I had planned on 36 on sunday and i can go either way regarding Clyne on Saturday

Regards Ward
"Golf is happiness. It's intoxication w/o the hangover; stimulation w/o the pills. It's price is high yet its rewards are richer. Some say its a boys pastime but it builds men. It cleanses the mind/rejuvenates the body. It is these things and many more for those of us who truly love it." M.Norman

Sean_A

Re: BUDA CUP VIII @ Pennard 2010: Last Call For Pests Old And New
« Reply #172 on: August 10, 2010, 09:45:30 AM »
The good news is Sweet Lou Duran, that irascible, but harmless Libertarian, is indeed coming.  For some, the further good news is that his single room in the dormie house is available as Lou is traveling with his wife.  Any takers?

Ciao

Sean_A

Re: BUDA CUP VIII @ Pennard 2010: Last Call For Pests
« Reply #173 on: August 15, 2010, 01:52:24 PM »
Last call going once...

Ciao

John Mayhugh

Re: BUDA CUP VIII @ Pennard 2010: Last Call For Pests
« Reply #174 on: August 17, 2010, 10:05:53 AM »
Sean,
Sent you a message but didn't hear back.  Is the dormie room still available?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back