News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

GBoring

Bandon in November
« on: October 13, 2009, 08:44:49 PM »
I am making my first trip to Bandon Dunes in early November.  For those of you that have been there that time of year what kind of weather should we expect.

Jim Adkisson

Re: Bandon in November
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 09:00:09 PM »
I will be in Bandon Sat Nov 7th through Tues Nov 10th...I will pack EVERY possible golfwear combination...I have played every November for the last 7 years...I have had more days of short pants and short sleeves from sunrise to sunset than I have played in rain gear...I have also played in full crab-fishing gear 3 or 4 days...I have only walked off a course due to weather once...but that was in March last year...it felt like we were being chased by 1000 pygmies shooting icicle blow-darts in our backs as we played 5 at BD...thank Gawd it was our 8th round on getaway day, so we were OK with packing it up and hitting the road a wee bit early.

Mike Boehm

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 09:15:46 PM »
My one trip to Bandon was the week prior to Thanksgiving in November 2007.  We had sunny weather all three days but cool temps, upper 40s as highs 2 days and low 40s the other.  It was brisk, but comfortable if dressed appropriately.  Apparently the entire week prior was a washout.  Talking to the caddies, it is pretty much a crapshoot - especially that time of year.  I think Jim gives you great advice - be prepared for anything. 

Kyle Henderson

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 12:36:24 AM »
In late November 2008  (my only visit) I had two holes of freezing hail followed by three days of calm, sunny skies. Temps peaked just below 60 F and dropped to around 40 at night. I was very lucky. Pack your rain gear and be prepared for chilly gales.
"I always knew terrorists hated us for our freedom. Now they love us for our bondage." -- Stephen T. Colbert discusses the popularity of '50 Shades of Grey' at Gitmo

Michael Dugger

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 11:31:14 AM »
Jim.

I will also be in Bandon from the 5th-8th.  We will have to meet up for a brew.

I've played golf at Bandon in November probably five different years now.

Only once, I think it was 2006, the day before Thanksgiving, was it unplayable.  It hailed like nobody's business....miserable....soaked down to your socks and undies in the span of 6 holes.

Besides that, I have never missed a round.  Definitely bring the rain gear....but also bring some short sleeved golf shirts...even shorts.

There is a weird pocket of weather in Bandon, Oregon, it's magical.
What does it matter if the poor player can putt all the way from tee to green, provided that he has to zigzag so frequently that he takes six or seven putts to reach it?     --Alistair Mackenzie--

JC Jones

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 11:44:47 AM »
I love Bandon.  Im considering taking a job in Boise simply because it brings me closer to Bandon than I currently am.  What a great place, have an awesome trip.  (I know you will).
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back