News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Paul Jones

Anaheim, CA Public Golf
« on: October 12, 2009, 07:04:55 PM »
I am looking for good public golf courses in Anaheim, CA - preferrable under $100 and open on Monday.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Paul
Paul Jones
pauljones@live.com

Phil McDade

Re: Anaheim, CA Public Golf
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 07:32:30 PM »
Dad Miller is the old-line muni in what is now a working class neighborhood of Anaheim. I think this is the course where Tiger has helped set up, or done clinics at, a First Tee program. Pretty mundane.

Out in Anaheim Hills is Anaheim Hills, the better of the Anaheim munis, pretty darn hilly, and a course that is routed among small canyons and hills. Hard to walk, although doable.

Maybe the best bet is Black Gold, an Art Hills layout in Yorba Linda that has some interesting holes at the foot of the mountains. Under $100 if weekday; more than that on weekends.

A guy I met out there recently had good things to say about Green River, squeezed in between 91 and the mountains on the way to Riverside; I haven't played.

Anaheim-area public golf is not terribly inspiring, to be honest.

Paul Jones

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 07:48:26 PM »
Thanks Phil.
Paul Jones
pauljones@live.com

Yancey_Beamer

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 09:21:40 AM »
The best nearby course is Oak Quarry near Riverside. The course is worth the drive.

Sean Leary

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 04:55:07 PM »
The best nearby course is Oak Quarry near Riverside. The course is worth the drive.

I enjoyed Oak Quarry as well. Worth the drive.. Besides they have the "Best Par 3 in Southern CA" (or so they proclaim) ;D

Alex Miller

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 05:25:30 PM »
Oak Quarry is a solid course besides the par 3.  :D Also if you can get on Hacienda GC I hear its the best around (though I haven't played it myself). Black Gold is also interesting and worth the weekday fee. Heading west Lakewood is an enjoyable muni, but its slow. And if you're looking for a seven-hour round you can try La Mirada as well.  ;D

Can't talk about Anaheim without a shoutout. Go Halos!!!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back