News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kalen Braley

Re: Kalen Breaks 80 For First Time
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2009, 07:38:32 PM »
77 off 19 hcap. That's some nett score. Must be a record?

Congratulations! Well done for keeping it together on the back 9. It's always a nerve wrecker when you're trying to avoid the wheels coming off.

Dónal.

Donal,

If I had done that during a tournament, I would have been run out of town on a pole.  But several GCA'ers recently played with me and they can certainly vouch for my 19....and even then they probably wondered if I wasn't closer to 22-23.   ;D

I did start to choke a bit on the 12th hole and it led to a 3 putt bogey...but after making a 25 footer on 16 for a birdie which put me at +4 for the day I knew I could do it!! :D

Garland Bayley

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2009, 12:37:07 PM »

Congratulations! Well done for keeping it together on the back 9. It's always a nerve wrecker when you're trying to avoid the wheels coming off.

Dónal.

That's only a net 58. I know a guy that shot net 52 during a practice round, and then whalloped me in match play on the weekend with a net 59.

Knowing the background on the guy, I consider it a legit performance.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Kalen Braley

« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2009, 01:02:06 PM »

Dónal.

That's only a net 58. I know a guy that shot net 52 during a practice round, and then whalloped me in match play on the weekend with a net 59.

Knowing the background on the guy, I consider it a legit performance.

I had a great round going early this spring as well.  I was +3 after 11 holes, and then totally se;f-destructed and didn't even break 90 by the time it was all over.  That was ugly!!   ;D

Mike Hendren

« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2009, 01:51:48 PM »
Please go through your round hole by hole - the suspense is killing me.

Bogey
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Anthony Gray

« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2009, 02:05:33 PM »

Kalen,

Congratulations again. Rejoice with those that rejoice...learned that in Sunday School.

Anthony

« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 03:20:19 PM by Anthony Gray »

Tony Weiler

« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2009, 05:28:07 PM »
Congrats!!!

Eric Smith

« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2009, 06:29:49 PM »
Well played Kalen!

Bob Jenkins

« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2009, 09:13:31 PM »

I bet Jordan Wall wishes he was there!

B

John Moore II

« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2009, 06:20:46 PM »
Laddie, you're over the hump. I expect to hear about a sub-70 round in the near future ;). Good job.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2009, 06:35:01 PM »
Laddie, you're over the hump. I expect to hear about a sub-70 round in the near future ;). Good job.

Thanks john,

It was fun indeed... but I'd be happy with just consistent rounds in the mid-low 80s again!!

Jed Peters

« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2009, 11:16:43 AM »
I hear Matt Cohn just broke 80 for the first time too.

:)

Garland Bayley

« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2009, 01:05:23 PM »
I hear Matt Cohn just broke 80 for the first time too.

:)

I smell a GRUDGE match coming on.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2009, 04:42:20 PM »
Who gives a shit what the slope/rating was....congrats on the accomplishment. 

I've been lucky to be with several golfers who broke 80 for the first time.  Nobody ever shoots 79, they always blow by it by a few shots.  Funny how that works!

CPS

CONGRATS KALEN!!!  That is an awesome accomplishment.

As a 14-handicapper I understand the joy and exhilaration of breaking that mythical barrier...which I've done only a handful of times in my life, and in similar fashion to you things just "clicked" the entire way around on those occasions.

CLINT...WRONG!!!  :o 8)

One of my greatest all-time rounds was on the Portland course at Royal Troon where I...

* Made a 4 on a par-4 after hitting my approach shot OB that proceeded to bounce off a rail line and back into play near the green
* Holed out a chip-shot on a par-5 for my third career eagle
* And finally..."called my shot" on the 18th hole from a greenside bunker and jarred the shot for birdie

...to then sit down on a bench and add it up for...WAIT FOR IT...a 79!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Although it was not my first time breaking 80)
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back