News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Mayhugh

Re: Most unusual thing that happened while playing
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2009, 01:41:15 PM »
Bob,
What browser are you using?  Firefox has a spell check function built into it.  Safari does as well.  I don't think Internet Explorer offers spell checking, but I never use it so I'm not really sure.

Jason (and Evan),
Thanks for the laugh. That looked like a good moment to switch to video mode.

Tom Yost

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2009, 04:52:52 PM »
Evan's video reminded me of one of the more bizarre shots that I have witnessed.  My buddy's ball was 6" away from the boundary fence separating the course from a backyard.  It was one of those low brick fences with wrought iron on top.   No shot at all but for the obvious ricochet shot.  He hits the ball which hits the fence low and somehow ricochets STRAIGHT UP and with some sort of unexplainable overspin goes right over the top of the fence and out of bounds!!   Three of us had a good laugh.

Joel Zuckerman

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2009, 05:28:59 PM »
Evan's video reminded me of one of the more bizarre shots that I have witnessed.  My buddy's ball was 6" away from the boundary fence separating the course from a backyard.  It was one of those low brick fences with wrought iron on top.   No shot at all but for the obvious ricochet shot.  He hits the ball which hits the fence low and somehow ricochets STRAIGHT UP and with some sort of unexplainable overspin goes right over the top of the fence and out of bounds!!   Three of us had a good laugh.

I'm no rules expert, but aren't you entitled to free relief when your swing or stance is impeded by a man-made obstruction?

Kalen Braley

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2009, 05:30:19 PM »

I'm no rules expert, but aren't you entitled to free relief when your swing or stance is impeded by a man-made obstruction?

Boundary fences are usually excepted in this....because the fence is OB!!

Anthony Fowler

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2009, 05:39:56 PM »
Apparently, the rules state that their team (Johnson/Perry) can choose to play the ball where it lies, or replay the shot. Needless to say, Perry reteed and striped it down the middle. My GM said the look of irritation on Villegas's (Johnson & Perry's competitior's) face after that ruling was priceless.

I didn't see this so I don't know for certain what happened, so someone can correct me if I'm wrong.  The proper ruling should have been that Villegas and his partner get to decide if they want Perry to re-hit the shot.  That's probably what happened, but even then the international team would have reason to be irritated.  If Perry's ball was going into trouble and Johnson's caddie saved it, the internationals sure got screwed by this.

Andrew Summerell

« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2009, 05:55:59 PM »
Playing in an open day comp here in Sydney, we had 4 police come up to the green & take away one of my playing partners. Apparently he was a prisoner on a day release program that just decided not to go back. He’d been out for a while & had been playing a few open days around Sydney.

The best part of it was that the police surrounded the green, yet waited for us to putt out before they advanced on him.

He was a nice enough guy…..at least for the 12 holes we played together.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back