News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ed Oden

Most Par 4s
« on: October 12, 2009, 08:33:42 PM »
I mentioned this in passing on the Biltmore Forest thread, but that course has 14 par 4s, including 8 on the back nine alone.  That's the most I have seen on both counts.  Are there other courses out there with an even greater concentration of par 4s?

Ed

Bill_McBride

Re: Most Par 4s
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 08:37:15 PM »
Elie in Scotland has 16, ranging from 256 to 460 yards in length.   Six poles marking blind tee shots.  Two par 3s.  Great and fun golf course on the north side of the Firth of Forth.

Here's Ran's review: http://golfclubatlas.com/courses-by-country/scotland/elie-the-golf-house-club

The Old Course has 14, plus two par 5s and two par 3s.

Padraig Dooley

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 08:40:48 PM »
The Island in Dublin starts with 8 straight par 4s.
There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.
  - Pablo Picasso

Tom_Doak

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 09:00:21 PM »
If I recall correctly, Saunton (East) has fourteen 4's, including 11 of the first 12.  And of course, The Old Course at St. Andrews also has fourteen.  But Elie has the most.

Ed Oden

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 10:31:39 PM »
I'm an idiot for not thinking of TOC.  I haven't played much outside of the US, but I doubt its any coincidence that all of the courses mentioned so far are in GB&I where it doesn't seem there is any preconceived ideal standard when it comes to golf courses.  Are there any US courses with more par 4s than Biltmore Forest?

Ed

Jason McNamara

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 04:23:28 AM »
Been a while since this topic last appeared, so I will mention it again:  15 at Irvine (Bogside) - 2 x par 3, 1 x par 5.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back