News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jay Flemma

Interview with Stephen Kay / photobucket Question
« on: October 12, 2009, 05:08:01 PM »
I did an interview with Stephen Kay that's published below and will be up at Golf Observer soon with photos and drawings.

In a related matter, are any other wordpress useers having trouble using their photobucket acct?  I can't seem to post photos the old way of "copy image location."  Any troubleshooting help is appreciated.  Meanwhile, Stephen had soe really interesting things to say.

http://jayflemma.thegolfspace.com/?p=2125

From the interview:

"So one day I’m bored in school, and so I started doodling golf holes.  Well that month, Golf Digest had the first of a two-part article by Herbert Warren Wind called something like “Understanding Golf Architecture.”  Ron Whitten would later call it a definitive article in golf course architecture history.   Well I couldn’t wait for next month’s piece, and as soon as I got done with the article, I actually got down and prayed to God that I would become a golf course architect.  It became my childhood dream.  I still tear up thinking about that memory to this day because I was a kid with a dream and God let me achieve it and I’m so grateful for that blessing and all the rest.  I even just teared up a bit now thinking about it.

It’s like Mike Schmidt the baseball player.  He teared up when he got inducted into the Baseball H.O.F. in Cooperstown.  People don’t realize how much childhood dreams mean to people.  My dad worked on an assembly line, and he said, “This is crazy. They’ll never let a poor kid in a rich man’s game.”  We didn’t know that so much of the game is played on public courses, so we thought it was a real long shot."

Mackenzie, MacRayBanks, Maxwell, Doak, Dye, Strantz. @JayGolfUSA, GNN Radio Host of Jay's Plays www.cybergolf.com/writerscorner

Jay Flemma

Re: Interview with Stephen Kay / photobucket Question
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 08:03:30 AM »
Still looking for the photobucket help.  Thanks.
Mackenzie, MacRayBanks, Maxwell, Doak, Dye, Strantz. @JayGolfUSA, GNN Radio Host of Jay's Plays www.cybergolf.com/writerscorner

Richard Hetzel

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 10:05:36 AM »
Jay,

I postd my Quarry pics thru Photobucket yeserday w/out a problem.

I click on "share", a new window opens then I just copy and paste the BB web code that they list.

Does that help?

Rich

Best Played So Far This Season:
Crystal Downs CC (MI), The Bridge (NY), Canterbury GC (OH), Lakota Links (CO), Montauk Downs (NY), Sedge Valley (WI)

Jay Flemma

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 11:12:27 AM »
Sort of...I had to play around and find it.  It is under share, but then I have to go through a few more steps, but my web guru walked me through it.  I'm adding the photos now...

Jay Flemma

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 10:23:05 AM »
Got the pix problem solved.  Hope you all enjoy what Stephen has to say.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back