News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Frank M

Planning a Nebraska Trip
« on: October 13, 2009, 05:41:37 PM »
Hello,

I am planning a Denver/Nebraska trip for this coming spring and have the following in mind. I will be playing Ballyneal, Dismal River and Bayside, but unfortunately, to this point I have heard nothing from Sand Hills which is very very disappointing as Ballyneal and Sand Hills are the two courses I wanted to focus the trip around.

So...that got me thinking of throwing in a trip to Prairie Dunes to play both the Dunes and the Pines course. The Prairie Dunes side trip would only happen if Sand Hills doesn't happen.

My driving plan is Denver - Ballyneal - Prairie Club - Dismal River - Bayside - back in Denver. What do you all think? Are their any other suggestions? I would be doing two rounds at Ballyneal and a round at all the others. I was thinking of also doing Wildhorse or possibly substituting Bayside with Wildhorse but I am flying into Denver and I wouldn't be able to fit it in without A LOT of extra driving even though it is only 45mins from North Platte.

Craig Van Egmond

Re: Planning a Nebraska Trip
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 05:55:59 PM »
Frank,

It would be a damn shame to go to Nebraska and not play WIldhorse, especially compared to Bayside.

Craig

P.S.  I think you meant the Prairie Club and not Prairie Dunes.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 05:57:44 PM by Craig Edgmand »

Frank M

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 06:40:44 PM »
Thanks Craig,

I in fact meant Prairie Club. I had it right later in the message. My mistake  : :-\

Frank M

Re: Planning a Nebraska Trip New
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 06:58:47 PM »
ABased on the recommendations:

Denver - Ballyneal - Prairie Club - Dismal River - Wildhorse - Denver
« Last Edit: July 05, 2024, 06:47:33 PM by Frank M »

Adam Clayman

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 07:08:48 PM »
There's a ton of light at that time of year and travel distances are not that far. Since sand hills opens around memorial day, I assume it be after or around then. If GCA is the focus I would reconsider Bayside just to see another Dan n Dave course. It is not far out of the way on your way to prairie club. Just suggesting.
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Jason Hines

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 07:24:10 PM »
Frank,
You should play both Bayside and Wildhorse.  Adam is correct; travel times are relatively short between courses which will make it worthwhile.  I think you are going to be pleasantly surprised by the quality of golf and people you meet in this part of the country.
Looking forward to hearing how the trip went.
Jason

Kenny Baer

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2009, 07:49:13 PM »
Frank,

I would write Sand Hills again; I have heard that a 1x play is possible.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back