News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Anthony Gray

Need a Fourth for YALE.....Oct 17th Saturday
« on: October 03, 2009, 04:12:54 PM »

If you want in please IM me. Charity auction item. One space open

Anthony

Ron Csigo

Re: Need a Fourth for YALE.....Oct 17th Saturday
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 07:19:55 PM »
Thanks for the invite Anthony.  I'd love to meet up with you but it's my sister's wedding.  Just curious, what time you teeing off? ;)
Playing and Admiring the Great Golf Courses of the World.

Mike Sweeney

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 07:42:56 PM »
Hold on there Dr Tim Watley!

There are some rules about access at Yale Golf Course here at GCA.com.

If a GCA poster should gain access to the National Golf Links of America BEFORE Yale Golf Course, that poster must post their honest and opinionated review of NGLA before they are allowed access to Yale Golf Course.

The only exceptions to this rule is if you score 1500+ on your SAT's and actually gain admission to Yale University. Since that eliminates about 1497 of us, that means you must post your review of NGLA.

Ladies and Gentleman, grab a bottle of Shiraz in Oz or a Cabernet in California on a Saturday night, because in the words of Fake Poster Jon Spaulding, it is time to party!

Dr. Gray the forum is yours!

Chip Gaskins

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 08:38:17 PM »
Gulp, drum roll please...

Mike Sweeney

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 08:43:52 PM »
Gulp, drum roll please...

Chip,

As a fan of Shinnecock, I suggest grabbing a bottle of "Duck Walk Vineyard NV Windmill Red".  :D

Frank M

Re: Need a Fourth for YALE.....Oct 17th Saturday New
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 12:30:52 AM »
I would have loved to join you.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2024, 07:20:52 PM by Frank M »

Eric Smith

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 01:06:20 PM »

I had plenty of Cab in California Saturday night, but missed this thread.  Would love to make that trip with you AG but I'm grounded until November.  Hope you guys have a blast.

Mike, maybe you didn't see his thread but Anthony did share with the collective his honest and opinionated thoughts (though brief) on the design of NGLA http://golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,41363.msg876414/

I have a great picture at home of him lobbing a wedge over Ray Floyd on the 18th that he really should add to the thread.

Nice Black Ball avatar btw with the doc's name under it.  Whats yous guys blackballing him from?

Anthony Gray

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2009, 03:51:36 PM »
Hold on there Dr Tim Watley!

There are some rules about access at Yale Golf Course here at GCA.com.

If a GCA poster should gain access to the National Golf Links of America BEFORE Yale Golf Course, that poster must post their honest and opinionated review of NGLA before they are allowed access to Yale Golf Course.

The only exceptions to this rule is if you score 1500+ on your SAT's and actually gain admission to Yale University. Since that eliminates about 1497 of us, that means you must post your review of NGLA.

Ladies and Gentleman, grab a bottle of Shiraz in Oz or a Cabernet in California on a Saturday night, because in the words of Fake Poster Jon Spaulding, it is time to party!

Dr. Gray the forum is yours!

Mike,

Would have aced the SAT if not for the reeding comprehenshun sextion. I bought a charity auction item to get access to YALE with a friend. Did you know that Bill McBride used to hang out with Clint Frank and Larry Kelly in Junior High? Do you know if orange pants are good for Yale? I bought a nice pair of orange shorts at The National.

Anthony

mike_malone

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2009, 03:59:47 PM »
 Anthony,

It's a college course, so , if you are going for shock value, I doubt you will get much there.
AKA Mayday

Tom Dunne

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2009, 04:44:02 PM »
Anthony,

Have at it with the orange pants, but they may think you're a Princeton man. Be sure to complete the ensemble with gratuitous references to eating clubs, beer jackets, Old Nassau and Woodrow Wilson.

As for the course itself, I hope you're not disappointed after coming all that way--it's not one of Roger Rulewich's better works.

Mike Sweeney

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2009, 07:42:42 PM »

Nice Black Ball avatar btw with the doc's name under it.  Whats yous guys blackballing him from?

From Yale Golf Course......

Dr Watley I mean Dr Gray,

Come on. Write an intelligent post on your real thoughts of NGLA. In the words of Bill McBride, enough of the grabass with Garland. This place is only interesting when some sacred cows take a shot or two around here.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 07:45:03 PM by Mike Sweeney »

Anthony Gray

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2009, 08:38:04 PM »

Nice Black Ball avatar btw with the doc's name under it.  Whats yous guys blackballing him from?

From Yale Golf Course......

Dr Watley I mean Dr Gray,

Come on. Write an intelligent post on your real thoughts of NGLA. In the words of Bill McBride, enough of the grabass with Garland. This place is only interesting when some sacred cows take a shot or two around here.

Mike,

Tommarrow Brandy is back to work so I'll give you what you want. Stay tuned.

Anthony

Mike Sweeney

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2009, 08:29:02 PM »

Mike,

Tommarrow Brandy is back to work so I'll give you what you want. Stay tuned.

Anthony

I hope nobody has bought a non-refundable plane ticket in this economy, because that Black Ball is still sitting in New Haven!

Kyle Henderson

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2009, 11:46:19 PM »
I don't suppose you'd gift the round to me for my 30th birthday...? ??? 8) ;)
"I always knew terrorists hated us for our freedom. Now they love us for our bondage." -- Stephen T. Colbert discusses the popularity of '50 Shades of Grey' at Gitmo

Anthony Gray

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2009, 08:06:54 AM »

OK Mike...You want me to take some shots at the sacred cow NGLA, YOU GOT IT.

No guard at the gate to make me feel important.

The Vichysoisse was cold.

The clubhouse is too close to the 18th fairway.

The caddy said it was his most enjoyable round in 40 years..............Sorry ,that's a good thing.

Number 16 plays too easy.

Ray Floyd did not recognize me............. Maybe because I was not wearing my hat with blue band.

Now I hope you are happy. I'll most likly get kicked of the site for my attack of NGLA, so I hope you can live yourself Mike. Take down the black ball and I want you and Mayhugh to meet me for dinner after YALE next saturday.

Anthony

Alister Matheson

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2009, 09:25:36 AM »
Peachy shorts ! orange trews at castle stuart ! thank god you toned it down a bit at cruden bay  ;D
Cruden Bay Links Maintenance Blog

http://crudenbaylinks.blogspot.com/

Steve Salmen

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2009, 10:24:46 AM »
I have had the pleasure of golfing with Anthony.  It was as fun as golf gets.  If you are on the fence, I would suggest taking the plunge. 

Just missed you in St. Andrews buddy!

Mike Sweeney

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2009, 12:23:57 PM »
Dr. Gray,

I don't think Dutchy Doyle my high school English teacher would let you slide by on that one, but you are free to pass the gates at Yale. My son has a tournament that weekend and the schedule is erratic based on his performance, so scheduling is difficult.

Maybe you can submit a Dutchy approved MacRaynor review after Yale!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back