News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kevin Pallier

B2B Teeing Areas
« on: October 03, 2009, 08:54:48 AM »
What courses out there have B2B tees (or similar teeing grounds) somewhere in their routing ? and what holes do they represent ?

Do you like the feature ? Why or why not ?

A course at Port Kembla - NSW (Aust) uses the same flat parcel of land for B2B tees.
- Par 3 8th that plays East to West at about 140m
- Par 3 15th that plays West to East at about a similar distance

Others ?

Joe Hancock

Re: B2B Teeing Areas
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 09:11:05 AM »
Back to back?

If so, I had the pleasure of building one(two?) of these at Kalamazoo CC, holes 7 & 9. 7 is a par 4 and 9 is a par 3. They sure can be stretched out now if you flip flop tee markers.

Joe
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Anthony_Nysse

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 09:13:17 AM »
We got one here at Pine Tree-#11 and #17 share a "boomerang" shaped tees that is about 100 yards...really cool feature!

Tony Nysse
Pine Tree GC
Boynton Beach, FL
Anthony J. Nysse
Director of Golf Courses & Grounds
Apogee Club
Hobe Sound, FL

David Schofield

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 09:21:13 AM »
B2B = UA

Mike Boehm

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 09:23:35 AM »
Two in Metro Detroit come to mind.  The first is on Oakland South.  The short par 5 8th hole and the long par 4 14th have teeing grounds that back up to each other.  Makes for a great place to watch an event there as both tee boxes and the 13th green are visible from the same spot.

The second is Orchard Lake CC where the shortish par 5 2nd and the par 4 18th have tee boxes that back up to one another. Actually, for the Michigan Opent his year, the club used an alternate tee for the 2nd hole and added some more length to the 18th by backing it up into the 2nd tee box.

Ed Oden

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 10:13:14 AM »
A good example of this can be found at Palmetto where #4 and #14 tees share the same long strip of land.  Here is a Google Earth image:

The 4th hole uses the bottom portion and goes south while the 14th hole uses the top portion and heads off to the north.  I've seen the back tees on both holes set close to each other, but never overlapping.  I'd be interested to know from some of the members on this site whether they ever play that way.

Ed

Tom_Doak

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2009, 02:22:28 AM »
I have built shared tees a few times.

At The Legends (Heathland), the back tee for #9 is shared with the middle tee for #11, the the middle tee for #9 with the back tee for #11.  They're staggered off to the side so it works fine.

At Lost Dunes, the tees for #2 and #5 are up on the same ridge and back to back, so you can move back further if you want.

At Sebonack, the tees for #17 and #11 are sort of shared ... if you play #11 from the back tee of #17 it's well over 500 yards.

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2009, 11:28:03 AM »
Boca Rio, # 7 and # 9

TEPaul

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2009, 11:36:16 AM »
What we've done in the last few years at GMGC is a bit more than B2B tees. We often use the front of #18 to play in the opposite direction on #11 and the front of #11 to play in the opposite direction on #18. In this way for virtually no cost at all (just the moving of the tee markers) we picked up about 100 yards on our card yardage (#11 used to be about 315 and now it's about 365, and #18 used to be 420 and now it's about 470).

Will Peterson

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2009, 11:44:05 AM »
They are not back to back rather side to side, but Yahara Hills (muni in Madison, WI) has the largest tees I have ever seen.  One tee is about 150 yards wide and 100 yards deep and contains the tees for 4 holes.

Maple Bluff CC in Madison has a shared tee for 8 and 15.  It is the shape of a chevron so the back tees are next to each other, but the rest of the tees are separated by shrubs.

Tyler Kearns

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2009, 11:57:25 AM »
Whistling Straits features shared tees on a couple of instances along the lake front.

TK

David Schofield

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2009, 12:04:14 PM »
They are not back to back rather side to side, but Yahara Hills (muni in Madison, WI) has the largest tees I have ever seen.  One tee is about 150 yards wide and 100 yards deep and contains the tees for 4 holes.

Will, I saw two for three holes each (northwest and southwest), am I missing something?  I've driven by there many times but never realized how many holes they have there...  Regardless of the multiple tees, the rest of the tees are huge!

Will Peterson

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2009, 12:10:01 PM »
I may be mistaken, but I thought the one had 2 par 4's and 2 par 3's.  It may be only 3 hole, it has been a few years since I've been there, and so many of the holes look the same it gets confusing.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back