News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Pflum

<sigh> of the day
« on: October 02, 2009, 03:26:17 PM »
--
jvdp

David_Tepper

Re: <sigh> of the day
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 03:40:43 PM »
John -

Sorry to be a stickler for detail, but I believe that is the 15th hole on the Struie, the short-ish par-4 that has the stone wall down the left side of the fairway seen in your picture.

#17 on the Struie is the short par-5 where you cross the burn on your 2nd shot.

Regardless, I would not mind being on either hole today. ;)

DT

John Pflum

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 03:57:58 PM »
Dear Mr. Tepper,

Thank you very much for you keen eye.  However, I was indeed playing the 17th hole.  Clearly, we have never played golf together.  Otherwise you would not be surprised to learn that I hooked my tee shot so badly on 17 I actually ended up in the middle of the 16th fairway.  Thank you very much for bringing that to my attention. 

<all joking in good fun, of course>

The person taking the picture is standing the 17th fairway while I am on the 16th. 

Again <sigh> I want to go back. 
--
jvdp

David_Tepper

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 04:00:56 PM »
John -

You explanation is indeed plausible. I look forward to playing the Struie with you one day.

DT

P.S. Very nice gallery of pics by the way!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 04:03:35 PM by David_Tepper »

John Pflum

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 04:11:50 PM »
David,

Thanks!  It's not hard to take good pictures over there.  But I'm sure you already know that.  :-)

The walk from the 2nd green to the 3rd tee at Dornoch is probably my favorite walk in all of golf.  (That I have played so far, anyway). 
--
jvdp

Bill_McBride

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 04:57:50 PM »
David,

Thanks!  It's not hard to take good pictures over there.  But I'm sure you already know that.  :-)

The walk from the 2nd green to the 3rd tee at Dornoch is probably my favorite walk in all of golf.  (That I have played so far, anyway). 

John, not the walk from 6th green to 7th tee?   ::) :o  I loved the benches placed along the way so you could stop for a blow and a look at the incredible view.

Mike Benham

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2009, 06:17:29 PM »

I think <sigh> should be in all caps ... <SIGH>
"... and I liked the guy ..."

John Pflum

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2009, 12:45:22 PM »

John, not the walk from 6th green to 7th tee?   ::) :o  I loved the benches placed along the way so you could stop for a blow and a look at the incredible view.

Bill,

Truly, I don't think that there is a BAD walk at Dornoch.  The reason I love the walk to the 3rd tee is that you turn the corner and suddenly the course is laid out before you in spectacular fashion.  The walk to the 6th through the corridor of gorse which of course is beautiful in its own way. 
--
jvdp

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back