News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Michael Taylor

Re: GCA BOOMERANG - MARCH 2011 - DEPOSIT TIME!
« Reply #175 on: May 14, 2010, 04:32:01 AM »
Scott, it looks like I'll most likely be going to this. I'll try and pay you by next Sunday.

Pup

Scott Warren

Re: GCA BOOMERANG - MARCH 2011 - DEPOSIT TIME!
« Reply #176 on: May 17, 2010, 06:01:38 PM »
Cheers mate.

Thanks all who have sent deposits along. Sorry I haven't replied to all to say they have been received, been away travelling and without web access for the most part.

I'll check my accounts tomorrow and update the OP.

Scott Warren

Re: GCA BOOMERANG - MARCH 2011 - DEPOSIT REMINDER!
« Reply #177 on: May 25, 2010, 11:19:21 AM »
Just a friendly bump for those who've not paid their deposit yet.

John Mayhugh

« Reply #178 on: May 25, 2010, 06:13:03 PM »
For those that sent deposit checks to me - I've not cashed any of them.  I'll wait and deposit them around the time I send the lump payment to Scott. 

Andy Gray

« Reply #179 on: May 25, 2010, 06:29:11 PM »
Scott,

Just sent the deposit, let me know when you get it.

Cheers

Andy

Scott Warren

« Reply #180 on: May 26, 2010, 01:17:58 PM »
Just to clarify for people who maybe haven't been in a GCA event before, bringing mates who you think would enjoy kicking it with 20 architecture geeks for three days is highly encouraged.

The likes of Joe Buehler, Nick Leefe and Ian Dickson are mainstays of Buda Cups etc, so don't be shy.

A few guys are already planning to have ringers come along for the ride.

PS- deposits updated.

Dustin Knight

Re: GCA BOOMERANG - MARCH 2011 - "CAN I BRING A MATE?"!
« Reply #181 on: May 27, 2010, 06:20:28 AM »
I have just confirmed a trip accompanying 16 of our clubs members the weekend prior to the boomerang and will be staying on to attend the event. Should anyone wish to arrive early and really soak up the atmosphere there will be two spare spots in our group from  the Tues through Thurs prior to the event, should anyone wish to arrive early and require a tee time let me know. I have already booked a group and extra cabin on each of these days. we will alternate between Lost Farm and Barny. Good Times ahead!
Lost Farm........ WOW!

Brett_Morrissy

« Reply #182 on: May 28, 2010, 04:31:39 AM »
I am down there the weekend (5days) before also, so it would mean flying back down to Barnbougle 4 days later for another 3 days - sounds pretty good, but not sure if I would still have a family to come back to... I can be emergency.

I live on the Bellarine Peninsula, my home club is 13th Beach: http://www.13thbeach.net/ - 36 holes - am happy to host anyone that is interested. Barwon Heads GC: http://www.bhgc.com.au  is next door, and has some really interesting o/n acc - a bit like Fawlty Towers. Most enjoyable, jacket and tie after 6pm. Also great stay & play rates with Full board.

I would also recommend staying at Victoria GC on the Sandbelt: http://www.victoriagolf.com.au  - excellent experience, golf & stay packages are very good, and the course is hosting the Australian Masters in November - so should be good. FULL Board, golf and acc currently house guest at A$265 twin share. that is breakfast, lunch, dinner, golf acc for $265!

I will second the things to do nearby Bridport - there are many excellent wineries and tasting rooms. At that time of the year it can still be quite hot and there are tons of beachs around, including the beautiful one at Barnbougle. The will be a day spa set up by then, giving the girls time to amuse themselves. Hobart and Launceston have some interesting historical things to do, particularly Hobart, with it's links to colonial times and convicts.

Ratho GL at Bothwell would also worth a visit: http://rathogolf.com/ with a claim to Australia's oldest golf course and the oldest outside Scotland.
@theflatsticker

Scott Warren

« Reply #183 on: June 01, 2010, 06:28:13 AM »
Lately there has been much activity updating the attendees' list, but unfortunately it has been exclusively a case of THIS ;D

So it is my pleasure to welcome Colin Macqueen aboard!

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #184 on: June 01, 2010, 10:00:26 AM »
aahh this is something to work for. I too would stay a few weeks and play as much of the rest of the great world of golf there as possible.

Scott Warren

« Reply #185 on: June 01, 2010, 11:22:06 AM »
It would be fantastic to have you down there, Tiger.

Scott Warren

« Reply #186 on: June 03, 2010, 09:52:18 AM »
List of received deposits updated.

Bill Brightly

« Reply #187 on: June 03, 2010, 09:28:05 PM »
I am interested, running it by my mate...
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 11:46:30 AM by Bill Brightly »

Scott Warren

« Reply #188 on: June 04, 2010, 12:47:17 AM »
Good to hear, Bill.

Jordan Wall

« Reply #189 on: June 04, 2010, 01:49:37 AM »
I would actually do this over Bandon...how much are flights to Australia?

David_Elvins

« Reply #190 on: June 04, 2010, 01:56:00 AM »
how much are flights to Australia?
$1000 return.

Ask not what GolfClubAtlas can do for you; ask what you can do for GolfClubAtlas.

Scott Warren

« Reply #191 on: June 04, 2010, 01:59:43 AM »
Do it, Jordan!

I know both Mike Whitaker and John Mayhugh have been hunting airfares recently, so they will have accurate info (not saying David's number isn't accurate) on flights.

Mark_F

« Reply #192 on: June 04, 2010, 08:30:54 AM »
how much are flights to Australia?
$1000 return.

Jet lag taking a glider, however, lasts longer.

John Mayhugh

« Reply #193 on: June 04, 2010, 08:41:01 AM »
Do it, Jordan!

I know both Mike Whitaker and John Mayhugh have been hunting airfares recently, so they will have accurate info (not saying David's number isn't accurate) on flights.

I'm going back and forth trying to decide between using frequent flier miles and buying a ticket.  Roundtrip airfares from Louisville are in the $1200 range.  A little shorter trip from Seattle, but that may have no impact at all on pricing.

It seems that if you buy tickets early, the price is a bit higher than if you wait until a couple of months before departure. 

Jordan Wall

« Reply #194 on: June 04, 2010, 02:05:11 PM »
Do it, Jordan!

I'm going back and forth trying to decide between using frequent flier miles and buying a ticket.  Roundtrip airfares from Louisville are in the $1200 range.  A little shorter trip from Seattle, but that may have no impact at all on pricing.

It seems that if you buy tickets early, the price is a bit higher than if you wait until a couple of months before departure. 

ouch...

Richard Choi

« Reply #195 on: June 04, 2010, 02:10:39 PM »
I was checking few weeks ago and they were running $1200 to $1600 out of SeaTac. Not cheap...

Scott Warren

« Reply #196 on: June 04, 2010, 02:13:09 PM »
I'd be interested to work out how much of the flight money you recouped from the fact the Boomerang is AU$550 (currently US$453) for three 36-hole days and three nights' accommodation.

My gut, knowing the Bandon prices loosely from dreaming my way around its website, reckons the overall difference would be a few hundred at worst.

Eric Smith

« Reply #197 on: June 04, 2010, 02:19:06 PM »
I'd be interested to work out how much of the flight money you recouped from the fact the Boomerang is AU$550 (currently US$453) for three 36-hole days and three nights' accommodation.

My gut, knowing the Bandon prices loosely from dreaming my way around its website, reckons the overall difference would be a few hundred at worst.

If only they'd hurry up with inventing the damn transporter.  We'd be asking Scotty to beam us all over the planet in order to capture the ever elusive Modern GCA Grand Slam.  It ain't just the KP, Buda & Dixie Cup any more!

Scott Warren

« Reply #198 on: June 04, 2010, 02:20:28 PM »
Not as close as I might have thought, but still a pretty major difference.

Barnbougle/Lost Farm in March
Three 36-hole days, three-nights' accom: US$453

Bandon in March
Three 36-hole days, three nights' accom: US$800

I guess it depends if you still need to fly to get to Bandon and how much that would then cost you. Plus, for the US guys I realise three days in bandon and then home is a grand long weekend. To fly to Aus for three days would be lunacy, so then the costs of extending creep in.

All-in-all, GCAers have two very fine golfing options for next March!

Scott Warren

« Reply #199 on: June 20, 2010, 03:59:14 PM »
Did we work out if Jordan is coming Down Under to show our ladies what a MAN looks like?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back