News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Mayhugh

Re: GCA BOOMERANG - DATES BOOKED - MARCH 4-6, 2011
« Reply #100 on: November 21, 2009, 01:50:19 PM »
I'll play if Mayhugh comes the long way round and picks me up in the personnal jet, Laura will serve Kummel all the way if it swings the deal!!

As for Aussie beer their largest glass is a UK half and it drinks like their cricket team. Big fiesty pour, settles slowly with a touch of fizz, first sip is impressive, quickly goes flat and leaves an after taste!! xx.

I'll get back to you on pickup time.  Laura is certainly an inducement, but the Kummel less so.

George Pazin

« Reply #101 on: November 21, 2009, 02:07:54 PM »
Any guesses as to how much the deposit will be?

I'm still looking for a buyer for one somewhat healthy kidney.

Or a few thousand t shirts, if you prefer that.

:)
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Matt_Ward

« Reply #102 on: November 21, 2009, 02:18:33 PM »
If my wife gives me permission I'm game to go. ;D

Maybe I can bribe her with a sidetrip for me and her special girlfriend to Tuscany !

Ash Towe

« Reply #103 on: November 21, 2009, 02:42:33 PM »
Matt,

You will be welcome in Auckland if you decide to make a side trip.

Sean Walsh

« Reply #104 on: November 21, 2009, 08:40:30 PM »
Mark,

Not sure how long since your last visit to these shores but I believe you may be presently suprised as to the improved quality and range of beers we can now offer.  Many small brewery's have started up in the last 5-10 years and are now producing on a commercial level a product much superior to the mass produced dross Australians were subjected to beforehand. 

My personal favourite is the James Squires Golden and Amber Ales.  Granted they will be served colder than you are used to :) 

No bad thing as the mercury rises above 30degrees.

James Bennett

« Reply #105 on: November 21, 2009, 09:21:54 PM »
I am in.  Looking forward to Thornton's 50th!

A suggestion for those residing in the UK (eg Muldoon, FBD, Gawith etc etc) - why not take the 'long trip' down under?  Direct flight from the UK to LA or San Francisco (10 to 12 hours).  Get out for two or three days and play some golf, then get the flight to Sydney or Melbourne (12 to 14 hours).  Alternately you could go from LA/SF to Auckland with Air NZ, get out and play some golf, then fly to Sydney, Melbourne or Adelaide (If desparate).

One ticket that I did was with Air NZ (recommended airline).  Adelaide to Auckland to LA to Heathrow to Hong Kong (all Air NZ) then to Adelaide (Cathay Pacific).  You ca do HK/Auckland if you wish. 

I have also done at least two round the world-tickets with United (a lower airline rating IMO).

thanks Scott.

James B
Bob; its impossible to explain some of the clutter that gets recalled from the attic between my ears. .  (SL Solow)

Scott Warren

« Reply #106 on: November 22, 2009, 05:50:29 AM »
Any guesses as to how much the deposit will be?

I'm still looking for a buyer for one somewhat healthy kidney.

Or a few thousand t shirts, if you prefer that.

:)

Not sure on the deposit. I'll let you know. Probably a couple of hundred Aussie dollars, I would imagine.

The kidney is tempting, though. You never know when you're going to need spare parts!

Ian Andrew

« Reply #107 on: November 22, 2009, 10:40:58 AM »
After playing Barnbougle twice and walking Lost Farm - you'll be glad you made the event.
They are both ideal for match play since the pin positions change the way you need to play both.

Taz is beautiful - try to see some of it too.

As for the Sandbelt - you can play "any" course in Australia by making the proper introduction and matching the schedule of the club.
That's entirely up to you, a few letters and your wallet.
You have no excuses regarding access.

As for the flight - I had 22 hours both times - and I don't sleep on a plane!
It's not that bad - you settle in after a while and accept the time on the plane.
Read, watch movies, talk with a travel mate, sleep, draw golf holes - you fill the time.

If your not sure .... go

Scott Warren

« Reply #108 on: November 22, 2009, 10:47:58 AM »
Thanks for the endorsement, Ian.

Scott Warren

« Reply #109 on: December 22, 2009, 06:55:44 AM »
Just a bump before the holidays for those who are still considering this. Shout out if you want your name added.

Will be getting the ball rolling after the New Year as far as locking things in and planning some fun stuff.

George Freeman

« Reply #110 on: December 22, 2009, 09:47:14 AM »
I saw Mr. John Mayhugh's name on that list, continuing his GCA dream life!  Must be tough my friend!  Do you think I would fit in your duffel?

On another note, that is an absolutely fantastic deal <$400 US for three nights and five rounds on those two courses...wow.  

Oh how I wish I could be a part of this one...

Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

Scott Warren

« Reply #111 on: December 22, 2009, 09:51:13 AM »
How many people do you need for a group booking discount with an airline? Just thinking out aloud as it could save the US contingent a decent bit of coin, perhaps?

Scott Warren

« Reply #112 on: December 28, 2009, 03:19:52 AM »
And then there were 32... Welcome aboard David Kelly!

John Mayhugh

« Reply #113 on: December 28, 2009, 08:20:27 AM »
I saw Mr. John Mayhugh's name on that list, continuing his GCA dream life!  Must be tough my friend!  Do you think I would fit in your duffel?

I'm not there yet!  It's just that these events give me a rationale for making trips to places that I really want go to to anyway.

David Kelly liked Australia so much he's heading back.  Good to see. 

Kyle Henderson

« Reply #114 on: December 28, 2009, 12:49:37 PM »
I'd love to go, especially if other would join me for another another week or two on the mainland playing some of Australia's other "greats."

Count me in, pending developments over the next year and a half...

I notice my name never made it onto the master list... ;)
"I always knew terrorists hated us for our freedom. Now they love us for our bondage." -- Stephen T. Colbert discusses the popularity of '50 Shades of Grey' at Gitmo

Scott Warren

« Reply #115 on: December 28, 2009, 01:32:56 PM »
I'd love to go, especially if other would join me for another another week or two on the mainland playing some of Australia's other "greats."

Count me in, pending developments over the next year and a half...

I notice my name never made it onto the master list... ;)

I was actually just going through looking for anyone I missed, Kyle. Sorry about that!

So without further ado...

Scott Warren

« Reply #116 on: December 28, 2009, 01:33:52 PM »
We have 33! Kyle Henderson is on board!

Scott Warren

« Reply #117 on: January 16, 2010, 06:50:09 AM »
Couple of bits of news to report.

1. I am very close to having costs for the Boomerang locked in and will post here when that is finalised.

2. Welcome aboard Mark Ferguson.

Scott Warren

Re: GCA BOOMERANG - PRICING FINALISED
« Reply #118 on: January 16, 2010, 05:11:14 PM »
OP updated with finalised pricing.

Please read and PM me with info as requested.

John Mayhugh

« Reply #119 on: January 16, 2010, 11:04:11 PM »
Scott,
That pricing looks fantastic.  Nice work!  Now all I need you to do is tell me each day includes a lunch like the one at Sandwich, and you'll be a world champion for sure.

I'll take my chances on exchange rates, but I'm definitely in. 

Scott Warren

« Reply #120 on: January 20, 2010, 08:00:45 PM »
Dustin Knight confirmed.

PLEASE READ UPDATED OP IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 08:12:42 PM by Scott Warren »

Dieter Jones

Re: GCA BOOMERANG - PRICING FINALISED - INFO REQUIRED FROM PARTICIPANTS
« Reply #121 on: January 22, 2010, 09:04:43 PM »
Scott, I will be there. Please let me know if my PM to you last night failed to make its way to you. Further details of my intentions were in that PM.

cheers, Dieter

Any chance of Mike or Tom (or Bill for that matter) joining us to provide the designers perspective?
Never argue with an idiot. They will simply bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Michael Taylor

« Reply #122 on: January 23, 2010, 08:01:52 AM »
Scott,

I really want to make it to this event but as a 15 year old, there isn't much chance considering how little cash I have.. :( Hopefully my parents will support me financially.  :)

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the difference between singel accom, double etc..? I assume that's how many people stay in the room, no?

Also I'm pretty sure that I'd have to miss out on school time as well, and since I'd be doing my HSC that year, it probably isn't looking too good..

:(

Fingers crossed.

Pup

Scott Warren

« Reply #123 on: January 23, 2010, 03:15:53 PM »
Dieter Jones (PM replied to) and Sven Nilsen added.

Michael: Yeah, single = 1, double = 1 double bed, twin = 2 singles, triple = 3 single beds etc.

James Bennett

« Reply #124 on: January 24, 2010, 06:49:13 AM »
Dieter Jones (PM replied to) and Sven Nilsen added.

Michael: Yeah, single = 1, double = 1 double bed, twin = 2 singles, triple = 3 single beds etc.

Scott

I am not sure, but I think each 'cabin' has one bathroom, irrespective of housing 1 through 4.

James B
Bob; its impossible to explain some of the clutter that gets recalled from the attic between my ears. .  (SL Solow)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back