News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Joe Bausch

Welcome new member Mark McKeever
« on: September 24, 2009, 10:39:27 AM »
One of the newest members to Golf Club Atlas is Mark McKeever.  M2 is a graduate from my university and we got to know each other when he was taking my organic chemistry class a few years back (so I guess any orgo knowledge that he lacks is my fault!).  He has a keen interest in golf architecture and until a couple of years ago, was a member at Phoenixville, a nifty little nine-holer that legend has it Hugh Wilson might have been involved in the design and/or construction.

Mark is a very fine golfer too.  My first trip around Bethpage Black a few summers ago was organized by him as he loves this crazy game enough to sleep in a car in a parking lot to play a nice course!

Please welcome Mark to the zoo, errr, treehouse.  :)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 11:04:30 AM by Joe Bausch »
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

George Pazin

Re: Welcome new member Mark McKeever
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 11:01:45 AM »
Welcome, Mark. It doesn't get much better than a ringing endorsement from Joe, imho.

Have fun, don't be shy about sharing your opinions.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Ron Csigo

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 06:44:07 PM »
Welcome to the group Mark.  Looking forward to your contributions.  Remember to protect yourself at all times. ;)

Playing and Admiring the Great Golf Courses of the World.

PThomas

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 10:50:15 PM »
welcome Mark
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

David Stamm

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 10:55:50 PM »
Welcome, Mark. Get ready for a hell of a ride! ;)
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

astavrides

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2009, 02:47:38 AM »
Mark,

Welcome.  Do you think one can do well in Organic chemistry class a) mostly thru memorization? and/or b) without much memorization?

Anthony Gray

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2009, 03:32:01 AM »

Welcome Mark,

You'll love the chemistry on this site. Please tell us a little about your golfing experiences, likes/dislikes, and a little trash on Joe. Have you played Cruden Bat?

Anthony

B. Mogg

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2009, 03:58:36 AM »
Welcome, Mark. Get ready for a hell of a ride! ;)

Or "ahem" "cough cough" walk.....

Phil_the_Author

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2009, 08:10:19 AM »
Welcome Mark,

With all of the time that Joe spends researching, playing and photographing golf courses, his classes must require more than the usual amount of independent study!  ;D

Joe Bausch

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2009, 07:09:26 PM »
Mark is having login issues with his account.  But I'm sure he/Ran will get this sorted out soon enough!

Mark McKeever

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2009, 07:54:55 AM »
Hello everyone and thank you for the warm welcome.  As some of you know, I am a former student of Joe's.  His organic chemistry classes were pretty stout and required a good bit of attention in college.  We got to play a good bit of golf while I was there as well as after I had graduated.

Having said that, I always find it interesting talking about classic golf courses with Joe.  I can't get enough of reading about course history and changes/modifications that they have undergone.  I enjoy playing these old, well designed courses whenever I get the opportunity, and I have been fortunate to play a fair number of special golf  courses.

Thanks for the welcome guys and I look forward to "the ride"!!
 :)

Mark

Best MGA showers - Bayonne

"Dude, he's a total d***"

Kyle Harris

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2009, 11:28:29 AM »
Why haven't you tagged along with Joe and I yet, Mark?

Mark McKeever

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2009, 12:46:15 PM »
Kyle,

I live and work in Allentown and Joe manages to play a lot of weekday golf.  Next time you guys head somwhere on a weekend I will surely tag along!

Mark

John Mayhugh

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2009, 12:53:28 PM »
Welcome, Mark.

I could call it a great personal achievement, but still have no idea whatsoever how I passed Organic Chemistry II. 

Mark McKeever

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2009, 12:56:01 PM »
Me either!  I think Joe must have known I was a golfer early on when doing the grading on tests and such.   :)

Mark

Joe Bausch

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2009, 12:57:55 PM »
Me either!  I think Joe must have known I was a golfer early on when doing the grading on tests and such.   :)

Mark

You passed?  Really?!   ;D

Phil_the_Author

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2009, 01:23:32 PM »
I understand you almost failed him when he got the question on who F&S was incorrect...  ;D

astavrides

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2009, 01:51:11 PM »
Mark,

What is your favorite course(s) in the Allentown area?  Have you played Bethlehem muni, and, if so, how was it?

Mark McKeever

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2009, 04:05:04 PM »
I have been to a few of the public tracks and I played Brookside a few years back.  My favorite public course in the greater allentown area by far is Berkleigh Country Club in Kutztown.  It was private for a long time and went public when I was on a work assignment in Texas.  I was delighted to hear it went public because it had been a long time since I played it last.  As far as newer designs go, I don't mind playing Olde Homestead which has a couple nice holes that use the elevation changes pretty well.  I have never played Bethlehem Muni nor have I heard much about it?  I will have to look into it.

On an exciting note, I should be heading out to Saucon in the next few weeks on a course of my choice apparently.  Any suggestions anyone?  Ive heard the Weyhill is the one to check out, but wanted some other input.

Mark

Joe Bausch

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2009, 05:31:38 PM »
I understand you almost failed him when he got the question on who F&S was incorrect...  ;D

Thanks goodness universities can recognize plagiarism easier than you can Phil!   ;)  ;D

astavrides

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2009, 05:48:17 PM »
I have been to a few of the public tracks and I played Brookside a few years back.  My favorite public course in the greater allentown area by far is Berkleigh Country Club in Kutztown.  It was private for a long time and went public when I was on a work assignment in Texas.  I was delighted to hear it went public because it had been a long time since I played it last.  As far as newer designs go, I don't mind playing Olde Homestead which has a couple nice holes that use the elevation changes pretty well.  I have never played Bethlehem Muni nor have I heard much about it?  I will have to look into it.

On an exciting note, I should be heading out to Saucon in the next few weeks on a course of my choice apparently.  Any suggestions anyone?  Ive heard the Weyhill is the one to check out, but wanted some other input.

Mark

Yeah, Berkleigh is pretty good.  i played it for the first time a couple weeks ago. 

Anthony Gray

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2009, 05:59:53 PM »
Kyle,

I live and work in Allentown and Joe manages to play a lot of weekday golf.  Next time you guys head somwhere on a weekend I will surely tag along!

Mark

Allentown....PA or Jersey?

Anthony

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back