News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David Kelly

Pictures - Castle Stuart #9, #18
« on: September 26, 2009, 05:29:01 PM »
I was there a few weeks ago and took advantage of the clubhouse to take some pics of #9 and #18 before my first round and after my second.

Looking back at #9 in the AM

#9 green in the AM

Looking back at #9 in the PM

Looking back at #18 in the AM

#18 green in the AM

#18 green in the PM

"Whatever in creation exists without my knowledge exists without my consent." - Judge Holden, Blood Meridian.

Ash Towe

Re: Pictures - Castle Stuart #9, #18
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 07:48:58 PM »
David,
Thanks for these awesome photos.  Do you think Ed would like a round or two here?

Philip Gawith

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 10:52:12 AM »
Fabulous pictures David - my appetite was already whetted, now moreso!

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 11:06:09 AM »
Fabulous pictures David - my appetite was already whetted, now moreso!

Agreed Philip wonderful and alluring.

Here's the rub.  I believe you have an annual trip with mates to Dornoch plus some others?  Will Castle Stuart steal around off another course or will you make the time for a special trip?

I believe in the current climate CS will be taking money off other courses and they may not appreciate that. Later once this kind of word of mouth spreads it's possible it will bring more tours North, benefitting clubs from Aberdeen to Dornoch. We shall see.
Let's make GCA grate again!

David_Tepper

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 07:37:25 PM »
Tony -

I believe anyone willing to look at the big picture will realize that Castle Stuart has the potential to be a significant catalyst for an increase in golf tourism across the board in the Highlands. In the short run, golfers may elect to play a round at CS and forego an additional round at Dornoch, Nairn, Brorar, etc. However, once the word gets out about CS and the hotel there is built & operating, CS will likely attract many more visiting golfers to the Highlands and/or increase the length of their stay in the general area. This should benefit these aforementioned courses. 

DT   

David Kelly

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 12:10:04 AM »
I can't imagine going to the highlands again and NOT playing Castle Stuart.  I wouldn't cut down on my time at Royal Dornoch but I would probably consider cutting my time in Fife or the west coast short or skipping the Aberdeenshire area entirely. 

"Whatever in creation exists without my knowledge exists without my consent." - Judge Holden, Blood Meridian.

Sean Leary

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 12:48:59 PM »
Hi David,

Are these pics touched up? Just curious .This course looks like it's at Bandon rather than Scotland to me for some reason.

David Kelly

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2009, 01:43:05 PM »
The pictures are exactly how they came out of the camera but the aesthetics do look like Bandon a little.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back