News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

A.G._Crockett

Before and After Renovation Pics: Chattanooga G&CC and Pinetree
« on: September 20, 2009, 12:36:06 PM »
Both Chattanooga G&CC (Ross, 1922) and Pinetree (Kennesaw, GA, Chick Adams, 1962) have recently been completely renovated by Bill Bergin.  Bill's work at Chattanooga has gotten a fair amount of national attention because of the Ross connection, while Pinetree is very well-known in GA due to having hosted several GA Opens and serving as a qualifying site for the US Open.

BTW, the work at Chattanooga was done with only some aerial photos but no Ross plans to work from.  Bill was able find many of the original bunker sites, and so forth, so it was a combination restoration/renovation.  Pinetree was of a complete overhaul and updating.  I think it is safe to say that the members at both clubs are ecstatic at how their courses came out.

The link below will take you to some very interesting before and after pictures of the two courses, in which you see the "after" picture, but can switch back and forth to the "before" simply by moving the mouse over the picture.  Very cool presentation, I think.  Enjoy.

http://bergingolfdesignsbna.homestead.com/

« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 12:39:05 PM by A.G._Crockett »
"Golf...is usually played with the outward appearance of great dignity.  It is, nevertheless, a game of considerable passion, either of the explosive type, or that which burns inwardly and sears the soul."      Bobby Jones

cary lichtenstein

Re: Before and After Renovation Pics: Chattanooga G&CC and Pinetree
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 01:23:05 PM »
I'm impressed
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Tim Bert

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 01:58:08 PM »
I like the before and after presentation.  The work at Chattanooga looks to be very well done, though I have not played or visited the course in either before or after state. 

A.G._Crockett

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 06:52:02 PM »
I like the before and after presentation.  The work at Chattanooga looks to be very well done, though I have not played or visited the course in either before or after state. 

I liked the before/after presentation, too.  Not sure why we wouldn't see more of that, but it is a very interesting and instructive way to study renovation work.
"Golf...is usually played with the outward appearance of great dignity.  It is, nevertheless, a game of considerable passion, either of the explosive type, or that which burns inwardly and sears the soul."      Bobby Jones

A.G._Crockett

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 05:17:01 PM »
I'm impressed

Cary,
Have you seen either of the courses, either before or after?

Eric Strulowitz

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 11:03:40 PM »
I am a member at Pinetree and am very much proud of this renovation.  What a course!

With the beautiful fall weather upon us, would be happy have any one in the Atlanta area or anyone passing though for that matter as a guest.  Just give me a hollar!

Eric Strulowitz

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back