News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Carl Johnson

Re: Divots at Walker Cup
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2009, 02:52:28 PM »
At my home club in Charlotte, Carolina GC, golfers are asked to fill divots in the Bermuda with a sand mix.  Overfilling happens sometimes, and that's not good.  I've seen divots were some golfers have tried to replace the divot, and it doesn't seem to work.  Of course, I suppose you wouldn't notice where it did work.

I play another [cooler climate, not in Charlotte] course a lot that has bentgrass fairways.  There they ask you to replace divots in the fairways.  Some seem to take hold and some don't.  They also give you a mix to use on the tees -- only.  I don't know what kind of grass is on the tees, but it is definitely not the same as on the fairways.

Michael Wharton-Palmer

« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2009, 03:05:12 PM »
Chip

per your last input :D
I am sure TP feels the same way.

TEPaul

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2009, 06:15:40 PM »
Chipperino:

I don't know about the by-laws; I only know in 1939 my grandfather finally lost his the campaign that consumed him during his fifteen year presidency. The resolution of his campaign read: "It is hereby resolved that champagne shall be served at board meetings for all time to come."

JMEvensky

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2009, 06:30:31 PM »
Chipperino:

I don't know about the by-laws; I only know in 1939 my grandfather finally lost his the campaign that consumed him during his fifteen year presidency. The resolution of his campaign read: "It is hereby resolved that champagne shall be served at board meetings for all time to come."

You really need to write a book.I nominate Mucci as your Boswell.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back