News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Adam Clayman

Re: Any Ideas? Or, I think you should know...
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2009, 11:44:36 PM »
Garland, Ever hear of harvesting dew? Other than by Richard Dean Anderson on a raft in the middle of an Ocean.

Bill, The irony has not escaped me. Thanx. BTW, What's the best set of Par 4's in the county you live in?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 12:03:35 AM by Adam Clayman »
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Andy Troeger

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2009, 11:55:42 PM »
Ben,

The thing I find interesting about the courses you mentioned (not having played CommonGround) is that Four Mile Ranch actually has quite a bit more in common with Rustic Canyon than it does with Wolf Creek. It follows the lay of the land pretty well. Its a really good affordable public golf course that is about as walkable as it could get given the setting. It uses natural features and interesting greens to create the interest.

Perhaps it just wasn't a good example for the point that you were trying to make. You've already been beaten over the head enough for that  ;D

Garland Bayley

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2009, 11:38:14 AM »
Garland, Ever hear of harvesting dew? Other than by Richard Dean Anderson on a raft in the middle of an Ocean.

Bill, The irony has not escaped me. Thanx. BTW, What's the best set of Par 4's in the county you live in?

Adam,

Yes. I can't necessarily recall the details, but I think some of the primitive societies without our modern mechanisms (and without our medicine to allow population growth) have developed simple mechanisms for harvesting dew, along with things like harvesting water from roots, holes in the ground, cactus, etc.

If you were to enquire of the people that provided this inverse tent concept, they may actually point to the origin of the idea with some primitive society.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Michael Dugger

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2009, 02:44:46 PM »

I love Macguyver
What does it matter if the poor player can putt all the way from tee to green, provided that he has to zigzag so frequently that he takes six or seven putts to reach it?     --Alistair Mackenzie--

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back